Thursday, December 01, 2005

Paul AKA Constable Wright and the December Monthly Letters

I was pleasantly surprised to see how well the December monthly letters fit with what schmoosie and I had been doing with Paul and Elizabeth. They e-mail daily, he visits when he has time off, they are dating, they have been harassed by the Mtigwakians, they spend time alone in Elizabeth’s apartment to get “privacy.” Paul will have to start writing letters by snail mail. I lifted off of a qnjones Becky statement about “hiking” the English word frequently listed as the translation for mazhiwe, which actually means sexual intercourse. It occurred to me that since we have had Jesse Mukwa post on April’s Real Blog, he would see the Elizabeth and Paul messages and seek a translation, which would then be spread across the whole village of Mtigwaki. Embarrassment about this will cause ARB Paul to start writing steamy snail mail letters instead and leave the ARB posts cleaner and more romantic. Paul also has family in Mtigwaki, to which I will just refer as “family” for the immediate future. It is not likely to be anyone in his immediate family, but I will leave it generic, just in case a strip mentions it more specifically. Also, the Elly monthly letter made a point that Liz was coming home for Christmas after all, since a prior strip had Elly saying she was not. In my mind, this almost assuredly means that Paul is coming to Milborough for Christmas. This is not terribly practical. Most of the police I know, work like dogs over the Christmas holidays. It is a high crime time. But we shall see what happens.

Jeremy did reaction posts today. He was not mentioned at all in any of the monthly letters. I think the most surprising nonmention was Shannon, who has been dominating the last several days of strips, including the one coming up tomorrow. It was so odd to get all this Eva stuff in the letters, and only Shannon in the strips.

Howard Kelpfroth is slowly but surely kissing everyone in the Foobiverse, which was one of my dreams for him. I suggested to qnjones a little snark about John Patterson and Mike’s letter about him being over at Gordon’s garage when Howie comes to visit and she knocked me flat on the ground with a spot-on snark on the John and Mike letters. qnjones is amazing.

Tomorrow’s strip: April and Shannon hold a pity party…again. 3 weeks of misery. When will this “I have zits and / or feel sorry for me”strip story end? Bring on Eva, I say. Bring on Eva. I want to see matchmaker April, nervous Duncan and commitment-phobe Eva.

9 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

LJ wants us to wax nostalgic about the tight, efficient storytelling that was gr*d day. :(

7:41 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Now that you mention it, I have been waxing nostalgic about gr*d, thanks to this storyline.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shannon at the Game?

Howard,
Your call on this. Alex's parents don't have another season ticket ... There's a few options. (and her jersey must be longer than she is tall no matter what we choose)

A.) Your mom takes us like you suggested
B.) Shannon shows up decked out for a hockey game and my parents tell her without care they don't have another ticket and she can't go to which she throws a fit.
C.) Her mom drops her off, Shannon's still dressed for a game, and using your wonderful knowledge of the english language and of the strip Shannon's mom pays you and I to "not lose her". (like Shannon's mom has tried many time but that April Patterson girl has always found Shannon and returned her ...)

Or we just leave earlier than five and forget about it ; )

Adrianne

12:12 PM  
Blogger howard said...

I like option C except with Alexandra's parents getting paid off. Shannon sits in a conveniently vacant seat next to Jeremy. I also find the idea of Shannon dressing sexy, flirting with Jeremy and Alexandra's possible reactions amusing. Jeremy, of course, can't push Shannon away because he is sitting on his hands. What do you think?

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you dress sexy in a hockey jersey?
The only idea I have for "sexy" involving dressing for hockey is tight knit pants ... and given Shannon's ... speciaity (::cough:: size ::cough::) that's coming with panty lines like you've never seen before.

Unless Shannon forgoes hockey gear and thinks this is a date ; )

Yeah, I can definitely work with that. And love the idea of Alex's parents getting paid off because her dad will really go with that. "Get in the car! She's not back yet! Get in the car! Drive! Drive!" with Shannon running behind thinking it's a funny joke she's missed.

Adrianne

12:31 PM  
Blogger howard said...

How do you dress sexy in a hockey jersey?
Show a little shoulder?

I have a concert tonight, so I am going to have to ask you to lead with this one.

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Argh!
And I came by to tell you the same thing ; )

Hmm Gotta start thinkin'!

Adrianne

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howard,

I'm writing it right now. I'm leaving you things to write/fill in ...

Adrianne

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duh.
When you read my post, at the end when Alex says she just wanted to jump Jeremy ... That's a good thing. Like "jump his bones" a good thing.

It's very late, I'm going to bed now = )

I hope I gave you something fun to go on ...

Adrianne

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home