Thursday, November 17, 2005

Translation Terrors

We are now translating the Paul / Elizabeth material in the Meta. My little secret messages are not so secret anymore. I am so surprised at my own prudishness. I was not quite ready to get past the lusty stage of the relationship with Paul and Elizabeth to the lovey-dovey stuff. They’ve only been together twice, after all. But the messages have an entirely different feel to them, when I write a translation and post it. So, if schmoosie goes to mush, Paul will follow. I wonder if I can rhyme in Ojibwe.

Jeremy. Nothing really today. He noticed April’s hair looked nice, which I actually thought it did in the strip for a change. Friday is going to be a bear. April has regressed back into a little girl who is rocked by her mommy. Jeremy will just be shocked, because frankly I am shocked too. Otherwise Jeremy is basically dormant until poor adrianne_p recovers from her illness. Get better, adrianne_p. I miss posting with you.

Howard as a dog. I give qnjones a creaky, little plot outline and she fills in the details in her own fantastic style. One day into it and it is a blast. Sorry folks who don’t like Howard as a dog, but it may take me awhile to get tired of this.

5 Comments:

Blogger howard said...

You know I would do anything for you Q.N. 1/2 it is and I will keep doing the translations.

7:22 AM  
Blogger howard said...

schmoosie,

You called me "my dear". Oh my god. Oh my god. I am channeling a little Howard there.:-)

I think you have given me an excellent example with your post today. I will need to think on the good constable's response for this evening. Being a guy, it needs to be like Liz's, but more masculine. I just need to get over my embarrassment of having provided that last translation. Feeling really biinizi now.

9:29 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Obscure and Not-So Obscure References thread on the Meta seemed like the appropriate place to me.

I like being called "dear," by the way. I haven't been called that in quite some time.

10:22 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

There, there, dear. :)

1:28 PM  
Blogger howard said...

Ooh. 2 in a row. It's my lucky day.

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home