Tuesday, November 29, 2005

High School Hockey

I had a fun time today researching the high school hockey habits of today’s Toronto youth. They have hockey here in Tucson with the University of Arizona Icecats, but it is an odd thing. The Icecats have to travel great distances to get to some of their away games. Mainly reaction posts from Jeremy today, although I must thank Adrianne_p for hand-delivering some great Alexandra Love snark in the Meta for me to use as Jeremy.

The payoff for having the good constable laid up in Mtigwaki came today as schmoosie rose up and reminded me why it is I like her posts so much. It was a joy to read her Liz characterization and rage. The good constable is testing me though. His speech patterns and his politeness make him difficult to write for snark.

Also thanks to the always superb qnjones for the Agnes Dingle and Ned Tanner snark we wrote together. This has been an interesting experiment and I am quite pleased with the results. I know what qnjones will post, but then again I don’t; so there is an element of surprise in it for me that is a little different than the usual stuff.

As for tomorrow’s strip, I am currently stumped. I will have to think on that one. The obvious target is the final panel’s misshapen April, but I am not sure I want to go that direction again for snarking.

5 Comments:

Blogger howard said...

Nobody likes me. Everybody hates me. Guess I'll eat some worms.

12:36 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

Oh, noooooooooooo! I was going to post yesterday just to keep you from doing a worm-eating, but I was seriously stumped as to what I could say. :(

5:27 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Wormz iz goood! Yum!

8:52 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

You're only saying that because dogs'll eat anything! ;)

5:23 PM  
Blogger howard said...

Don't knock them until you try them.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home