Friday, November 18, 2005

Suddenly on Roseanne, a new Becky

qnjones is going on Thanksgiving vacation starting today and I will be going on vacation starting next Wednesday. In between times, the lovely qnjones has asked me to step in as Becky to work the Becky / Howard the dog storyline, for which I had previously been providing storylines, while the always funny qnjones did the hard writing. So, as on the Roseanne TV show, a new Becky will appear, who will be like Becky, but not really like Becky. I will try to imitate qnjones’ writing style as well as I can. Please forgive me for any mistakes I make. On Wednesday, Becky and Howard will take a little trip and qnjones may drop in from time to time to say how the trip is going, if she can. We should be back on Sunday to finish this baby out.

The good constable is going to make an appearance in Mtigwaki on Monday and Tuesday for some Mtigwaki snark. I think he will be going on an undercover assignment while I am on vacation. I hope it will give schmooooo a good chance to emote. schmooooo has been posting great stuff lately. I look forward to seeing what she will do with that.

Jeremy. Who knows? adrianne_p has posted a letter from Alexandra Love in the Meta Blog, to which Jeremy has responded in the Real Blog. An impending Maple Leafs game looms for them, if adrianne_p is in good enough health to do it. If not, that’s OK. I hate it that adrianne_p is sick, but it happens to everyone and all I can do from here is to pray for her good health. I don’t plan to do anything with Jeremy over my vacation, so other ARB posters can feel free to abuse him as much as they want while I am gone.

As for the strip, Saturday’s strip shows that the entire zit sequence was for the stupendous purpose of having a zit sequence. Gone are the days when zits brought people together, like when the Mike zit brought Gordon and Tracey together. Unfortunately April appears to still have lost her cleavage and is still shorter. I don’t know if the ARB can do much more on this subject. We have done some terrific snark on the artistic shortcomings of this strip plotline, but after awhile you just want to start screaming at Lynn to make her characters’ appearance look the same from day to day. Even Dilbert does a better job than this and Scott Adams has acknowledged he is not much of an artist.

13 Comments:

Blogger howard said...

My boy loves Pokemon, and often wants to me to make up stories involving his Pokemon as characters. The problem is that Pokemon can only say one word and that is their name. So I usually have another character translate for the Pokemon. The joke that still makes my boy laugh is when I have the Pokemon say one word, but the translator says many words and vice-versa. I am heading that direction with my Paul posts. It makes replacement words easier.

11:37 PM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

I choose to pretend April has returned to her full height and boobage, as we already went to town with the "shrunken April" plot yesterday. Steph at the Foob site claims the uniforms make everyone look flatchested. . . .

9:08 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Oops. I wish I read this before I posted. Oh well. Sorry.

9:19 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

No prob. :)

9:29 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

same here! (34DD nursing bra!) ;)

10:56 AM  
Blogger howard said...

I now have certain images of April and Liz passing through my brain. Ah, I remember the days when the wife was nursing. Those were happy days, visually speaking.

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm trying to recall if any of the girls at my school looked flatchested in our uniforms ... I can't think of anyone that stands out. It was quite the opposite, I think, the way cotton clings to a body it was quite the opposite. No one in the 9th grade looked like a 7th grader because of their uniform either.

Howard, I don't know if you saw this on the Meta but I'm kicking out an idea for an Alexandra post and I'd appreciate if you wouldn't comment on her until I'm able to post it -- unfortunately it won't be now = (

I also appreciate your prays for my getting well. It just might be working!

Thanks,
Adrianne

12:11 PM  
Blogger howard said...

Adrianne. No comments on Alexandra from me until your post. Got it.

12:36 PM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

Heh, I don't know what came over me, Schmoo--I should have posted that tidbit in Ojibwe. ;)

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howard, I'm cruel.
I'm leaving the rest of the date up to you to write. I have a continuation of the conversation in my head but I don't want to write it. See, cruel. Do you want me to write it? I could write it ... I want to give you a chance to write some of the date ... do you want the chance?

Adrianne

8:13 PM  
Blogger howard said...

Adrianne,
I just got back from a family outing to see Zathura, which is not too bad a movie. No pro hockey in Tucson. I will write the second half and leave you some openings for anything you care to write about the conversation in your head. aprilp_katje could probably write it, since she can read your mind, but I am likely to miss some things.

Ladies,
I enjoyed reading the chesty conversation. I may have to take a cold shower before I go to sleep. Based on my suit coat, I have a 42 chest, just for the record. I don't know what my cup size would be, and I actually don't care to know.

9:08 PM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

Schmoo, you hit the nail on the head. Having spent nearly 2.75 years with their more utilitarian role, it's easy to forget the other implications. :)

10:51 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Phoenix has a pro team called the Coyotes. If I were to go to a pro game, it would be there.

As for your chests, I enjoyed the conversation. In real life, I am rarely ever included in that kind of talk.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home