Thursday, December 01, 2005

Bad Teacher and Lost Jeremy

Aside from the astonishing revelation that teachers can ruin the very subject they teach, today gave us almost nothing upon which to snark. I suppose there was a certain degree of astonishment after having had so many uplifting strips about the importance of teachers that Lynn would actually put one in that showed them in a different light.

Jeremy Jones was doing pretty much just reaction posts today until the always challenging Adrianne_p posted in the Meta how she would like Alexandra portrayed watching the TV program Lost, and in particular posting how Alexandra does not like a character on the show, by viewing comments she made to a board that talks about Lost. I have never seen this show and so the comments made on the other board were so much gobbledy-gook to me, because they were inside jokes and references to things seen on the show I had not seen. I was checking out Lost links and at the time nobody had posted an episode summary for tonight’s show. So, I researched the show and made some guesses. Hopefully it was a decent post, but who knows?

The good constable is getting better and went for a dinner date with Liz, only to be interrupted by Billy Strongblood. I jumped back into the 7 fires prophecy thing. I did not realize the first time I found this description, how really important this story is. Apparently, a long time ago, before the whites came to the Americas; there was this story about the prophets of the 7 fires who predicted the coming of the whites and the destruction of the natives’ way of living. The meaning of the prophecies is argued on several websites, because the final prophecy is that from the light-skins and the natives a new race will emerge. I tried to make this the focal point for Billy Strongblood and Paul Wright’s conversation without going into it too much, otherwise it will be a tremendous bore. The more I post as Paul Wright, the more I realize that he is essentially a man to provide love and conflict for Liz. The fact he is willing to travel hours to meet a girl he has only seen in a photograph indicates his need for a relationship. The fact he is a policemen who treated Elly with extreme patience and politeness, says he is a straight arrow, law-abiding kind of guy. The fact he referenced his grandfather in talking to Liz says he respects his elders and the traditions of his people. There is nothing wrong with the guy that I can see, except for being a little desperate to meet a woman. So, I am using him to push schmoosie a bit, posting as Liz—to put her into those situations of love and conflict, so she has a chance to portray Liz as more than wet rag or a limp biscuit.

Howard Kelpfroth. The solution to his return was written up by the fantastic qnjones tonight, with references to Sleeping Beauty, whom I did get to meet at Disneyland, by the way. There is a restaurant there where all the princesses come to each table for photographs and autographs. I asked her if she could recommend a mattress. She said I would have to ask the fairies, since they created her mattress with fairy magic. That was a pretty good answer.

Tomorrow’s strip is zits yet again and pity for the poor skinny girl who wishes she had curves like fat April. (Well Rebeccah called her fat, or so April says.) Yes, in the days of Paris Hilton, there is actually a teenage girl who doesn’t want to be skinny. Riiiight!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

= D
I liked.

I'll have to post Alex's thinking = )

Adrianne

4:45 AM  
Blogger howard said...

schmoosie,

Good luck with the fuel thing. I am a little obsessive about making sure my car is full because when I was young, my mom was constantly running her car to the point where it was running out or almost running out. It drove me to distraction, as you say.

I do not want to put pressure on you to post as Liz. The good constable is just going to provide you with opportunities/inspiration since the strip seems to be rigidly focused on April's zits. Whether you post or not is up to you and I promise not to get mad if you don't. The strip Liz keeps to herself a lot, and so it is perfectly in character not to post at all. That being said, I love your posts.

adrianne,

I'm glad you liked it. Thanks.

9:02 AM  
Blogger howard said...

schmoosie,

I glad you were able to complete your bus route.

The Liz monthly letter worked perfectly with Liz not completely trusting Paul, with her making a comment about being mildly disturbed by the part her mother played in bringing them together. I don't know if she would lash out at Paul. Liz doesn't seem like a lashing out kind of woman.

Did you detect the same hint of physical intimacy in the Liz letter I did?

As for not posting to April, Elly's letter says that Liz writes even less to her about Paul than any other prior boyfriend, so that fits well with April too, if she fears April passing info to her mom.

From your experience, what kind of practical jokes would natives play on Paul and Liz?

10:28 AM  
Blogger howard said...

{sally field}They like us. They really, really like us.{/sally field}

3:42 PM  
Blogger howard said...

At the Disney restaurant with the princesses, I asked questions of that ilk to each and every princess that came by. It drove my wife to distraction.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home