Sunday, November 27, 2005

Vacation Over

We got back from Thanksgiving vacation today. We arrived at my step-mom and dad’s house late, late Wednesday. On Thursday, my step-mom’s mother went into a coma. On Friday, she passed. My step-mom’s dad passed away 3 ½ weeks ago. The visit was as pleasant as could be expected, given the circumstances.

Meanwhile back at the ARB. I have seen Sunday’s strip and Monday’s strip and do not know what to make of it. On Sunday, April reports Becky’s most vicious assault against her with being called “fat” and on Monday, April and Becky are getting along pretty well and all our fears appear to have been for naught. Maybe things will develop in the middle of the week. In the meantime, my character of Jeremy has fallen prey to the rapid aging of the Foobiverse, looking like he is about 40 years old now. I predict there will be much Jeremy angst in the next several days, depending on how consistently he is portrayed at that age. Adrianne_p covered both her Alexandra Love character and Jeremy Jones during my absence. A big thank you to Adrianne_p for a superb job.

The good constable has returned from his undercover mission with an injury and plans to heal up in Mtigwaki. I am looking forward to posting a little Mtigwaki snark with the always inspirational schmoosie.

Howard the dog. Back from London, Ontario with tales to tell, only with the inestimable qnjones at the reigns this time. I am so glad she tolerated my humble Becky posts in her absence.

I do have a question for schmoosie about Brenda Starr. Once Howard turns human, he is set to start a romantic relationship with Fiona Brass. How would you recommend we write Brenda Starr out of Howard’s life? He proposes and she turns him down? Or some other means?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I predict there will be much Jeremy angst in the next several days, depending on how consistently he is portrayed at that age.

I must get in on this.
I don't recall when Anthony aged but I noticed it when he married so in the F00b world marriage might equal sex and sex might equal premature aging. Not to say that Alex and Jeremy have had sex but I'm definitely thinking hitting second and rounding to third base.

Opinion?

Adrianne

6:03 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

I have a Howard-dog question--have you and qnjones plotted out how/when Howard is returned to human form? (I'm not digging for particulars, just whether you have this planned or are leaving things loose.)

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howard,
If you're going to play up Jeremy's Ugly ... You might want to have Jeremy stop by Alex's house. I just realized what Alex's dad will say to Jeremy ... and it's not kind but it is funny -- or I have a sick sense of humor.

"Damn boy! What happened to you? You look like someone beat you with da ugly stick!"

Adrianne

8:02 AM  
Blogger howard said...

adrianne,
I don't remember the exact point of Anthony aging either, but it did happen before he got married. He looked quite old during his wedding ceremony. I think Jeremy will just say that Alexandra has been really nice to him and leave the base count to the imagination. I seriously doubt if Lynn cares if Jeremy is a virgin or not. I will try to write him stopping by Alexandra's house, so you can get the father reaction.

aprilp_katje
qnjones and I have plotted out the how Howard is returned to human form. The when is iffy, because the strip is currently focussing on Rebeccah, and that may slow things down a bit.

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howard,
I think I'll write it tonight, Jeremy stopping by, since you a.) brought it up at ARB and b.) I'm so terrible bored.

Are we sure the "h" is part of the spelling and it's not just how it's pronounced. Like, "Rebecc-ahhhhh" ... Verses, like ... Rebecc-a. I've never seen Rebeccah..

Adrianne

12:37 PM  
Blogger howard said...

I am not sure the "h" is part of the spelling and it's not just how it's pronounced. Jeremy is intentionally putting a few extra h's on there to be funny.

Jeremy's visit is yours to write.

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect, perfect. I'm already thinking it up.

Unfortunately I won't be able to write or post anything til around 7 tonight = (

Adrianne

1:30 PM  
Blogger howard said...

I'm in no rush. Take your time.

1:52 PM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

Maybe the non-aging Brenda could freak out over the fact that Howard would eventually age? As that doesn't happen in her world. :)

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home