Sunday, November 20, 2005

Dogs Will Eat Anything

At least that is what I was told growing up. Dogs are incredibly easier to poison, because they wolf down their food without tasting or smelling it. It’s not really true. I have seen finicky dogs before, but I decided to leverage off this belief for Howard’s visit to Grandpa Jim as a dog. So, Howard the dog just continues to eat as much Havarti cheese as Grandpa Jim puts in front of him, until he feigns death in order to stop him. To give proper credit, the service dog idea and working for Grandpa Jim came from qnjones, in the material she left before she went on vacation.

The extra added element came from adrianne_p, who posted as Alexandra Love that she wanted to meet Howard the dog. So, I decided to start off instead of with Becky posting about Howard going to Grandpa Jim, but with Jeremy posting after the fact. I was very amused by the idea that Howard, in pretending to be dead, would roll on his back and stick his legs straight up in the air, which is sort of how beetles die, but not dogs. Unfortunately, I have been witness to dog’s dying before and am familiar with what a dead dog’s body actually looks like. I don’t know why the beetles do that though. Whenever my boy sees a beetle in its death throes, he is convinced that by rolling the beetle back onto his legs, they will recover, and they never do.

Gerald. No real activity today. I am enjoying rolling through a series of flower names as nicknames for April. qnjones version of Gerald used flower names, but I think I am going to push the limit a little. My favourite so far was “my little peony” which is similar to “my little pony”, the popular children’s toy.

As for the good constable, no smut today, but a lot of food analogies and native legend lore. Made me hungry just to write it. With Paul Wright, I am working closely to follow the lead coming from the excellent writing of schmooooo posting as Liz. Liz moved away from smut and as a consequence so does the good constable. Monday is coming for Paul Wright and so I am looking forward to some good character development with him in Mtigwaki.

Monday’s strip. {swear word} I can’t believe another week of zits jokes. Plus here I am posting for Becky McGuire in lieu of qnjones, who would not want to miss this. Becky has clearly taken a turn towards being mean to April. This is an obvious lead-in to Eva becoming the replacement Becky, since April has already stated that both Eva and Becky have good skin. I see now that was probably not a coincidence. My prediction: Eva will defend April against Becky or at least comfort April in her moments of despair from her zittiness. My plan was for Becky and Howard to travel when I did, but that may not be possible considering the path the strip is taking. Maybe, Becky could announce her plans to travel on the weekend after school is out, and then stop posting on Wednesday in anger over her fight with April. That might work. adrianne_p has picked up posting for Eva and none too soon, it would appear.

2 Comments:

Blogger howard said...

I honestly don't remember if qnjones has used fruit endearments yet. Those are possible, but I still have not exhausted the list of flowers yet.

I am glad you liked the Paul post. I'm sure that curly toes are very becoming on you.

7:55 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

I will see your {swear word} and raise you a string of cartoon expletives including stars, swirlies, and Saturns. I am beyond sick of the zits. :(

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home