Monday, November 07, 2005

The Constable has Arrived

Jeremy Jones

I friend of mine has gotten a pen, that when you press a button, plays quotations from the movie Napoleon Dynamite. Seeing that gave me inspiration to use with Jeremy in posting his romance with the delightfully quirky Alexandra Love, posted by Adrianne_p. Tomorrow, we get to explore country western music via Jeremy Jones’ father’s band. The strip only said he played country western music, so anything goes as far as country western music selections real or imagined. I am going to try to channel teenage awkward romance as well as I can for this story. It will fit well with Jeremy, who has, up-to-this-time only been involved with very aggressive girls. In case you are interested, that was pretty much how I was in high school. I was so shy, that my only girlfriends were extremely aggressive.

Howard Kelpfroth

When I originally posted the Howard meets Ardith Narayan story some weeks back, I had mistakenly supposed that Ardith was Indian (as in from the country India), because I googled and found several Indians with that last name. A kind anonymous person posted to my Blog and said that Ardith was actually Armenian, which actually made a lot more sense. As it turns out Narayan is also a popular name in Armenia. Armenia’s national religion is Christianity and would assimilate well into the Foobiverse. Plus Ardith style of dress was not Indian. The post today was to allow Howard to correct this error, maybe inspire the mysterious Ardith poster to return, and to put things to rights with discrepancies between the November grandpa Jim monthly letter and what had been posted in April’s Real Blog. Part of this had to do with restoring grandpa Jim’s Dixie visiting privileges. Unfortunately, this upset aprilp_katje. Hopefully she can forgive me. Someday. Sob!!

As I went to the For Better or For Worse website to look at grandpa Jim’s monthly letter for snarking, the Remembrance Day tribute via grandpa Jim’s fake war record was prominently displayed. So I decided to add it to the list. The web page listed RCAF Squadron No.408, a real WW II squadron, as Jim’s, which was probably a mistake. There are quite a few websites that have detailed histories about that squadron, and I honestly do not know why they were not researched in creating the web page for grandpa Jim. I also found it very curious that in a web page devoted to Remembrance Day that the text would focus almost exclusively on the Jim and Marion story. So, I picked apart the inaccuracy of this, and had grandpa Jim fart a lot because of eating Brussels sprouts to alleviate the boredom of the historical text.

Constable Paul Wright

In today’s strip, Elly and Connie are chatting at a time clearly past the point where the good constable has finished his visit with Liz, but then in Tuesday’s strip, Elly drops the bombshell that Liz has been seeing boys in Spruce Narrows (maybe our truth-telling native, hmm?) I left it open as to whether they would meet again in the post, so schmoosie who posts as Liz can come up with things for them to do. Schmoosie said a long time ago, that she really missed the native Americans she knew in New Mexico. So, this is an open invitation for her to write about any activities she remembers with those people as dates for Liz and the good constable.

7 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

Hey, no worries! Just please, please, please, do not try to alter ARB April/Becky to match up!

7:14 AM  
Blogger howard said...

aprilp_katje. I have some sinister plots in mind to do just that. I think that maybe Becky can break up 4-Evah. No wait. That's been done. Maybe I can have Becky kiss on Gerald. No wait. That's been done. Maybe Jeremy can kiss April in front of Becky. No wait. That's been done. Running out of ideas now. Maybe Lynn Johnston can come up with something.:)

8:51 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

Heh. Lynn Johnston coming up with something is what I'm afraid of! ;)

8:58 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Be very afraid. If those monthly letters are any indication, the next time we see April, she will be unpleasant and friendless.

9:59 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!! :(

::sob::

OTOH, when I was April's age, my dad used to act sometimes as if I was this horrible, surly teenage monster, when really my big offense was I didn't cheerfully jump up and say, "Yes, right away!" when he gave me something to do. And I committed the awful sin of using the same tone with him I did with my friends. Like say, in a heavily sarcastic voice, "It's a joke? You know, ha-ha?" And he'd grump, "Don't talk to me like I'm one of your friends!" But really, I was about as mild as they come. So maybe this is what we're experiencing with April. The adults are just overreacting because she hasn't jumped from cute little button-nose bowlcut little-girl April to adult ready for her own apartment.

10:16 AM  
Blogger howard said...

I hope you are right, but when even grandpa Jim's letter moves a little to the negative about April, I think it is a bad sign for April. Be prepared to hate your strip self.

10:29 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

Oh, God! Not again! I guess it'll be time to dust off my "Shut up, April!" LiveJournal icon. ;(

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home