Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Chicken Wraps

In my mind, today’s series of posts were a model for April’s Real Blog posting. A story goes on, but the overriding theme of most of the posting is the daily strip. One chicken wrap snark after another. It was great. My only regret was that no one described Elly Patterson and the Special Ad Hoc Advisory Hearing on the Question of School Lunch for April Patterson. I put a very oblique reference in Howard’s Elly / Connie dinner by having her say that she had to go to the school to get a chicken wrap since April didn’t give one to Beatrice. Maybe tomorrow a brave soul will stride forward and take the challenge.

The romances are pushing along. Jeremy got kissed and slapped. Whoo hoo! schmoosie who posts as Liz indicated in comments that she wanted to be pursued, so Paul Wright was a little more romantic in tonight’s posts. Howard has a date with Brenda Starr and Dr. McCauley/ay on Monday morning. Kinky.

In tomorrow’s strip, the new friend/Becky replacement has arrived and she admires April’s hand-me-downs. Becky was portrayed as a girl who had all the best things of life (except married parents) in the strip. I think that Lynn is trying to set this new girl up as being as different from Becky as possible. She’s dark. She does not have nice stuff. And she is probably not named Alexandra Love, whom I cannot recollect if she has described her skin colour. I am calling her as a Duncan love interest, so that there will be double-dates and maybe even a replacement for Becky in the new-and-improved 4-Evah. If this proves to be the case, then making Jeremy Jones Becky’s roadie was just to get him out of the way as a potential Becky replacement in the band. Watch out Becky and April, here she comes, justa sittin’ on the bus, singing “Do I Do I Like Your Hair Clip”

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, it's not me. Can't be, I totally suck at math and my eyes rolled to the back of my head when April went on and on about the percentages. Shucks.

Course ... She has a cute nose so maybe I could study up on my math : D

Adrianne

4:40 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

Well, April did ask if Gerald or someone else can report back on the meeting, so maybe today we can hear about it. Elly was evidently unhappy about the direction of the meeting, which probably bodes well. :)

New girl = NotBecky ;)

8:04 AM  
Blogger howard said...

schmoosie. You are quite right, I don't think I have ever seen a Patterson girl make the first move. Awww! You married your friend. That's very romantic. Thank you for telling me that story. Too bad we can't use that with Paul / Liz. Given the distance they live apart, dating seems the only option.

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home