Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The Rescue

Jeremy Jones – Today we continued taking cues from Adrianne_p posting as Alexandra Love and aprilp_katje for the teenage awkward love story between Alexandra and Jeremy. I’m in no hurry on this one, so I am more than happy to play off of those two. I have no idea where Adrianne_p is going with it, if she plans for the relationship to be long-lasting or not. I’m just along for the ride and the scenery is great.

Constable Paul Wright – I did a little research today on the Ontario Provincial Police. One of the websites had their salaries listed. It was interesting to note that from the 1st year to their 3rd year the salaries multiply by about 3 times. They must have a lot of people quit in the first 3 years. If you can make it to the 3rd year, they make about $60K annually. This is probably not too bad for Northwest Ontario.

I had the good constable “rescue” Becky McGuire from being stuck in the trunk of Dr. Ted McCauley’s car. When qnjones wrote that she was in the trunk, my parenting alarm bells went off, and it provided a good reentrance for Paul Wright.

Howard Kelpfroth – Major post of the day was recounting the dinner between Krystle McGuire and Dr. Ted McCauley. Interesting things to note were that Ted McCauley’s last name is inconsistently spelled on the For Better or For Worse website. Sometimes it is McCaulay and sometimes it is McCauley. I tried to write Krystle as crass as I could, since that is the way that qnjones writes her. I don’t think I quite captured qnjones’ flavour for Krystle, but hopefully it was acceptable.

I had an interesting time researching the good doctor Ted. He is mentioned in a number of John Patterson’s monthly letters, which is good, since John doesn’t mention anyone else as a friend. The interesting thing was reading all the notes about Ted from the Elly monthly letters back-to-back. Elly has got the hots for Ted McCauley. She talks about him being handsome, she is jealous of him taking trips to foreign countries with female companions, she compares his personality to John’s (not favourably) and says that he and John are opposites, she says that Ted should have pursued Connie, and mentions that Ted has a fleet of sports cars compared to only one with John. Reading them like that took me completely by surprise. No wonder John doesn’t get any sex. Elly is holding out for Ted. Prediction: Elly sets up Ted with Moira or Beatrice.

Tomorrow: Evil April has arrived and threatens the city’s supply of chicken wraps.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howard,

Uh, I really. Have. No idea where I'm going with Alexandra and Jeremy but I am so enjoying it. I figure at some point he's going to get a girlfriend in the strip? ::Confused::

Well when that time comes -- which I (wrongfully?) assumed would be sooner rather than later -- Alex cries, "I had thought we'd at least get to the ballpark!"

Adrianne

5:41 AM  
Blogger howard said...

qnjones. I agree with your points about Elly and Ted. There was one monthly letter where she referred to him as handsome and then compared Ted to John and I thought, "That was interesting."

adrianne. So long as the strips don't show Jeremy with a girlfriend, Alexandra could be it, if that's what you would like.

schmoosie. Paul had one post to Liz and one post to Becky. As I read more about the OPP, I realize that most of what Paul would be doing at night is going on patrols along the highway. The statistic was that the OPP for one detachment responded to 3800 calls a year, which means 10-11 calls a day. A metropolitan police force receives that many calls in 1/2 hour, so I expect Paul and his partner are on the road most of the time and he is not available for responsive posting. You can have Liz get upset about that if you want. You never dated? Was your marriage arranged?

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm.
Go out on a date with Jeremy ... Accuse Jeremy of looking under my skirt and slapping him ...

Preference?

Adrianne
("Liz", diagnoised professionally with dysexia or self diagnoised? I'm self diagnoised ... I've never met another person with dysexia -- and I'm pretty sure that's slept wrong.)

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went with the "continue to torture Jeremy" because Lost is on tonight and I won't be around for the "date" = D

Adrianne

11:04 AM  
Blogger howard said...

schmoosie. Your marriage story sounds interesting. I would love to hear it some time. I presume that Ice Princess did not mean you were a good skater.

As for Liz, the good constable definitely has a mixture of agressive and shy. He makes the trip to Mtigwaki and introduces himself to a complete stranger, and yet stammers his way through it. I will be more than happy to make him the pursuer. For yourself, if there is any kind of native American activity you would like to write about, that Liz and Paul can enjoy as a date, then you should go for that.

adrianne. Torture Jeremy is good.

3:52 PM  
Blogger howard said...

Q.N.

Apology accepted. Did I tell you lately I love you? I think you are snarktastic.

10:23 PM  
Blogger howard said...

You know Bette Midler is a gay icon too.

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home