Sunday, October 30, 2005

Fun with Jeremy

In the For Better or For Worse strip today, there was a time span between Weed scaring Merrie and Merrie being back in her apartment with mom and dad. I decided to take advantage of this by going back to my running joke about Merrie being coffee-addicted. Yes, I am still not tired of that gag.

The rest of the day for me was devoted to a church kid’s choir musical and carving pumpkins. I got in some Jeremy posts at the end, once again enjoying throwing nasty but hurting (as in Jeremy’s hurt feelings) barbs at qnjones posting as Becky McGuire. I cannot speak highly enough of qnjones’ Becky when it comes to personal conflict storylines. I am looking forward to some good old-fashioned soap opera-style nastiness between Becky and Jeremy.

Jeremy is a tricky character. Lynn Johnston has made it a habit of turning school bullies into nice people over time as she did with Brad Luggsworth and Candace Halloran and she refers to Jeremy as a bully in his description on the FBoFW website. Jeremy Jones is probably going along these lines ultimately, although the strip will not go long enough to see it to its fruition with out-of-high school Jeremy.

I was quite surprised that the strip Becky McGuire said that Jeremy was her roadie, since the FBoFW website clearly said that Jeremy wanted to join 4-Evah. The October monthly letter from April mentioned Jeremy prominently, so this may still be a possibility in the strip. There were all those strips where Jeremy sat outside the 4-Evah practice area, which made him look well, kind of creepy and stalkerish. Personally, I would love to see the 4-Evah dynamic with Jeremy in the group. The strip’s Gerald clearly does not like the guy, so it would be interesting to see Gerald’s reaction if April defended Jeremy, as she did ever-so-briefly in the strip where the 4-Evah members talked about Jeremy.

4 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

I'm curious to see what LJ does with Gerald the next time he appears since, as you've mentioned, the last April letter made much of how busy they both are with their after-school jobs.

6:40 AM  
Blogger howard said...

I presumed that this was to set up the idea that their relationship had not progressed much by the next time we see them, but there may have been some ulterior motive.

10:49 AM  
Blogger howard said...

You called me Howard, instead of Howie. Should I read something into that?

3:29 PM  
Blogger howard said...

When I made the comment about calling me Howie before, it was because you had previously only referred to me as howtheduck in the Meta, but Howie only in April's Real Blog comments. I was amused that your Becky persona had leaked into your Meta posts. That's all. Howard or Howie or howtheduck. I will answer to all of them.

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home