Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The Fight is Over

The April’s Real Blog fight between Jeremy and Becky ran from Thursday to Wednesday. A whole week. I think that’s a record, but of course, others may feel free to correct me with their accounts of longer fights that I don’t remember.

Today’s Mtigwaki strip was just a rehash of the stuff we had already seen in the previous 2 days. Howard’s snark about not seeing the North Star was a little lame, but the alternative was an Elizabeth/Polaris as Elvis takeoff that I just couldn’t get to work.

The Take Your Kid to School day did work. That was a marvelous suggestion by susannamoodie. Thanks for setting that up. Why isn’t she doing a character in the ARB? Anyway, the stories from all involved were terrific.

I had a good time with Jeremy at the sperm bank and worked on building his relationship with his future sister. Jeremy needs someone to talk to, since nobody else likes him. For my characters, the rest was setup for future snark.

We set up a party at Becky’s on Sunday to celebrate Howard’s new status of freedom. We set up a snarkfest on Michael Patterson’s version of Romeo and Juliet for Friday. I can’t wait for that. Reinterpreted scenes from the play keep popping in my head.

As for tomorrow, Constable Paul Wright has finally made his appearance, and it was so awkward. I can tell he is going to be a challenge to post and keep to his strip character. It's not going to make sense if he starts posting immediately, having just met Liz and consequently being unaware of this Blog. Maybe if the next strip shows a date of sorts or an exchange of information, then I can make it work. schmoosie, who posts as Liz does not need to wait to give her first impression of the good constable in her posts. Let's see what Lynn does with this.

2 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

I think you've laid the groundwork for some terrific snark, Howard. And I'm really looking forward to reading what Liz has to say about the Constable.

7:42 AM  
Blogger howard said...

So far so good. schmoosie has done a great job with the good constable.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home