Monday, October 31, 2005

Snarking on Snark

I reached a point in posting for Jeremy Jones today in his continuing argument with qnjones posting as Becky, where I started referring to old posts done by Becky, back in the days when Becky and Jeremy got along. Yes, I was snarking on someone else’s snark. I was getting tired of that and was going to call it a day on Jeremy posting when qnjones as Becky posted her very funny ode to Duncan’s purple lips. It was too inviting to resist, so Jeremy posted his hate ode to Becky’s lying lips using the same form and rhyme scheme as Becky’s purple lip ode. I was very amused with myself, but I realize that I need to get out of the habit of referring to old posts for snark material.

Lynn Johnston has moved away from respectful strips about Mtigwakians to strips showing the eccentricities of Mtigwaki. It seems to me that she is snarking her own material with this stuff. Howard, of course, is along to help Lynn out. If Lynn is snarking her own material, then that means that it is definitely not OK to snark the ARB’s own material. My rule is: Do whatever it is that Lynn doesn’t do and you will be on the right path.

Tomorrow is November 1st, and likely the arrival of the November monthly letters. I am anxious to see if Howard gets a mention, in particular if he gets a mention in the Elizabeth letter along the lines of “That jerk Howard got sent to jail for 1100 million years and I will never have to see him again. Nyah. Nyah.” I can’t wait.

6 Comments:

Blogger howard said...

No jail. Not even a mention in the monthly letters. Don't they care for my fate? I shall have to cry the bitter tears of neglect.

9:19 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

Yes, I agree with QNJones on this one--the silence about Howard's a gift to ARB! I wish they'd throw us a bone by having April get over herself and go back to being friends with Becky in the strips and letters.

4:45 PM  
Blogger howard said...

You may be out of luck WRT to Becky and April getting back together. The monthly letters clearly indicate that April is trying to find a new female friend. She only mentioned having a relationship with Gerald and almost everyone's letters mentioned her having problems and being surly. I only hope the friend is not Shannon. If it is a new character, then it would give us someone new to pick up, like a spot for our new poster Adrianne.

5:23 PM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

Yes, I feel the same way about Shannon. And agree about Adrianne claiming a character. :)

You are probably right about Becky and April's prospects. *&@!^, Lynn!

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

= O
Lurking. Badly. Bored.

You gotta throw me a bone! Let me know you want me to pick up a character. I just fell out of my chair from shock.

Adrianne

11:04 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Check out the character list on April's Meta Blog or make up one. You will note on the character list, that some people have done that. Then when you do your first post as the character, we will play off whatever you say.

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home