Thursday, November 03, 2005

Constable Paul Wright

The good constable has arrived and schmoosie has done some fine posting as Liz on her initial impressions of him. On some of the For Better or For Worse message boards, there is some issue as to whether he is native or not, since you cannot trust the weekday colourists. The colourists I have seen so far have been pretty consistent in giving Paul Wright native skin colouring, so I suspect that there is some guideline given on how to do that from Lynn and her minions. I will post as Paul Wright soon, but I am waiting for his meeting with Liz to go far enough to make sure that she doesn’t go running in terror from him.

As for Howard, he has made his first foray into Monthly Letter snark taking on the overall theme of the monthly letters, which seemed to be “Criticize April month.” Except for Mike and Dee, every letter jumped all over her. Even grandpa Jim had a few not-so-nice comments about her. I particularly enjoyed picking up on Elly’s use of Liz and Mike to translate April for her. I fear some of the Mike translation may have been a little too harsh to be funny. The references to the car crash with Mike occurred some years back, when Mike and Gordon Mayes got into the car and crashed it in the driveway. The Liz reference to bar hopping was when she and Anthony went to a bar and then told Elly about it, who freaked out. I thought those points would be a good contrast to April’s overly criticized behaviour. April is mild compared to Mike and Liz, and yet, somehow she is worse. What this means, of course, is that we are probably going to get some April misbehaviour in the strips, when she next appears. Let’s hope so. There’s got to be a reason for all this criticism.

Jeremy Jones got into a little verbal conversation with the poster for Jeremy Duncan from the comic strip Zits. I presume that poster was Adrianne_p, from the comments she left in the Love threat on the Meta. That was fun. I hope Jeremy Duncan shows up again.

Coming up:
Friday: Jeremy Jones, his mom, his future dad, his future sister, April, Gerald and possibly Duncan (?) go to see Romie and Julie (Mike Patterson’s update on Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet) at the Toronto Little Dinner Theatre.
Saturday: Becky and Howard host Anne and Steve Nichols and Krystle McGuire at Krystle’s Kakes and Pies. Will Steve survive?
Sunday: Howard and April dress up for Tracey Mayes and then go to Becky’s house for a party, where Jeremy Duncan and the Zits crowd may show up. Some good opportunity for some Zits snark, if Jeremy shows.

2 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

I love your Jeremy Duncan, Schmoo. Funny--when I read Zits yesterday, I was thinking it would be a good time for Jeremy D. to comment at ARB. I'd be happy to add you "officially" as Jeremy Duncan if you'd like. :)

8:22 AM  
Blogger howard said...

I think someone like Jeremy Duncan is more fun to leave open to others, but then again I am the guy who posted as Jeremy Jones for a month before I decided to take him.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home