Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter Snark

In today’s strip, Merrie gets a sugar high and hops. I had put Howard and Marjee in Toronto to snark the previously unsnarked Mike’s monthly letter, via Melville and Winnie Kelpfroth telling stories. Since the creative writing workshop thing has been taking off, I decided to include the recently introduced Kayla Kelpfroth and put her representing these angles:

1. She thinks Howard and Marjee Mahaha are together.
2. She admires a man who is a published writer (like Mike). I lifted this gem out of the creative writing forum Kayla post.
3. She is pushy enough to visit Melville and Winnie without warning, a characteristic I interpreted from the creative writing forum Kayla post attacking Elly Patterson.

Mike’s monthly letter had 2 parts. One where he talks in the most extravagant language about turning 30. I lifted his text here almost line for line except I tried to add a line or two related to his text but pushed it a little further than he was going. The second part was Mike and Weed’s St. Patrick’s Day reunion with his journalism school buddies, which went about as far as I have seen the letters go in pointing out Mike and Weed were more than roommates. The Kelpfroths did not see the reunion, but they could witness its aftermath. I decided to snark the ridiculous idea that a reunion would be alcohol free, with quotes taken from the monthly letter again.

I tried looking for Ojibway and Easter on the internet, and there wasn’t much of anything. However, I did find a website talking about delivering Easter baskets to low income kids and I thought that would be a good thing for the good constable to do over Easter.

Jeremy Jones went to church with Dirne with yet another service I lifted from the Cathedral of St. James in Toronto. During the course of the day, the_berserker did a post proclaiming that Duncan and susannamoodie’s Zandra Larson were officially together. I took great delight in posting the Eva reaction and Dirne’s bizarre comforting with fashion advice. It is very likely we will not read anything about Eva again until May 1, so Eva angst will be fun to play with until then.

Tomorrow’s strip: Gordon says, “Pattersons are great. Buy a Crevasse.”

1 Comments:

Blogger howard said...

qnjones,

I am glad you liked what I did with it and it fits in with what you have planned. I was getting a little worried when you disappeared in the middle of it, since it had all the earmarks of a story you planned to participate in and not a hand-off story. I figured it was a family visit with the holidays and such.

I hope you had or are having a good visit with your sister.

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home