Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Ticka-Tappa Monster

Palm Sunday had us very busy today. The whole family and the kids were involved in some way, 4 worship services. It will just be worse next Sunday on Easter. It took a long time to finally get home and write up some snark. This was one of those days when I felt I was going to be lucky to get in one snark for each of my characters, and that was pretty much the case.

aprilp_katje handed me the “The Ticka-Tappa Monster” as a storyline for Howard to tell from the perspective of his aunt Winnie Kelpfroth, who lives underneath Mike and Deanna. I suppose I have done so many snarks of the smallest Pattersons using Winnie Kelpfroth, it was obviously where I was going to go to snark today’s strip. Sadly, I am getting predictable in my snarking.

I had planned to do a story involving Writer Robin (Robin Patterson’s hero name) getting a new superpower to ignore anything said to him unless it involved food. Instead I worked that into the weakness of The Ticka-Tappa Monster that allowed it to be defeated. It worked either way, but The Ticka-Tappa Monster allowed me to add an element of helplessness on the part of the kids to get attention from their father. Thanks to aprilp_katje for the suggestion.

Constable Paul Wright continued his snark of the Liz monthly letter by essentially saying he barely got to see Liz during his visit with her. Given the statements made by Liz in her monthly letters this seemed a reasonable outcome. By the way, I did research Prozac for cats, and I did not find one authoritative website that said it was a bad thing. Instead they all said they preferred it to other anti-depressant cat drugs. I learn so much doing this thing.

Jeremy Jones got handed a number of things by a variety of sources. aprilp_katje posted as Dirne Aufkleber and talked about getting instructional DVDs for Jeremy. qnjones posted as Gerald and mentioned Dirne disapproving of Elly’s clothing being the same style and colour for several strips now. Then susannamoodie and the_berserker did a post sequence involving Duncan and Zandra Larson involving Zandra and a costume Dirne picked out for her. Now that I think about it, it was Dirne who was handed things.

I managed to work all those in together, plus got a chance to snark Elly Patterson and her view toward Lilliputs changes. At the time, I did not realize tomorrow’s strip would be Elly getting rid of Lilliputs finally. But it still fit OK, since both the April monthly letters and the strip where Michael talks about Elly’s trip to Mexico says that the sale of Lilliputs was already finalized. Tomorrow’s strip is therefore a celebratory dinner. If all goes well, they will move to another subject. However, if all does not go well, then we will have a week of “Elly reminisces about Lilliputs.”

2 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

I heartily concur about the kid-snark. I didn't see it as you being predictable, but as a running joke I look forward to and wanted to assist in. :)

5:58 AM  
Blogger howard said...

I didn't see it as you being predictable, but as a running joke I look forward to and wanted to assist in. :)

You are very kind to say so. However, once my predictability button is pushed, my deviant brain starts working. The next time I snark Merrie and Robin, maybe it will be Melville relating the story.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home