Saturday, March 25, 2006

Snarking in French

I am not doing this again. I thought doing a Franglais type of snark to represent a Quebecois girl on a date with Jeremy would be fun, but it was not. I read through the list of Quebecois words and phrases unique to Quebec French, and there were few that could fit in the dialogue I wanted. I also tried to snark a little the political difference that would represent someone from the Toronto area instead of someone from Quebec, but I do not know enough about the Canadian political climate for this to be effective.

Aside from that, today’s strip’s dialogue about being spooked out by things was pretty easy to work into most dialogues between my characters, with variations on whether things were ordinary or extraordinary. That is one way of snarking the strip, when there is no obvious connection in the strip to anything else, but I am finding it less and less humourous. I am going to have to try something different.

Tomorrow: Some sort of balsa-wood boat making workshop led by Dr. John Patterson, and attended by Jeremy and his mother, Howard and Marjee Mahaha. 3 characters for me, and 1 for aprilp_katje. That’s some interaction I guess.

Tomorrow’s strip: Elly goes to sleep. She puts me to sleep also.

2 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

Mt. Foob's deadly new strategy: boring their readers to death? ;)

1:58 PM  
Blogger howard said...

I am not sure what is going on in the writing department for this week. It was almost as if they said, "Let's do this funny thing with Elly nagging Mike in the car after he picks them up from the airport" and then they said, "Well what do we do with the other 5 days? Wait. Here's an article in Travel magazine. Let's see if we can get 5 more days out of what it says.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home