Thursday, March 23, 2006

Back to Work

There was a big pile of things for me at work today. I discovered, much to my surprise, the 2 bosses with whom I had left voice messages that I would be off work, were both also off work, so nobody knew why I had disappeared for two days. There were quite a few people who didn’t realize I had been gone, which was a little depressing.

Today’s strip was like a monthly letter, so it provided a lot of opportunity for snark. Jeremy got to do his test drive with John. Howard snarked the sale of the store, and the good Constable snarked the vacation plans in general, with yet another reference to cultural differences between Ojibway and whites. I will have to work a reference to balsa boat-building in there somewhere, but nothing has come to me yet.

Tomorrow’s strip: Elly is a horrible monster. Well, I never thought they would paint it that clearly. But, after all, it has not been so long ago since they had Elly biting through a telephone book. I suppose anything is possible.

2 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

I will have to work a reference to balsa boat-building in there somewhere, but nothing has come to me yet.

I hope April's setup on that will be useful. :)

8:25 AM  
Blogger howard said...

It should be. Thanks for the setup.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home