Wednesday, March 15, 2006

All About Eva Part II

In today’s episode, Eva cleans. I don’t know if the strip Eva would have been a neatnic, however, she was very observant of April’s clothes in her single strip appearance, and my experience with people who are observant of clothes is that they are neat. Jeremy is a slob. Even when he last appeared in his school uniform, it did not look as tidy as Gerald’s. So, I thought it would be fun to let them clean. Then the thought occurred to me to revisit the future dad and sister plot with Jeremy, and allow someone else to believe him. Jeremy is too young for an automobile driver’s licence, but his older future sister would not be. So, she provides the catalyst for another new experience for Eva. Yesterday, when Jeremy was giving Eva her tattoo, aprilp_katje posted as Eva and said that she couldn’t see the tattoo Jeremy was putting on her body. It reminded me that in the original post describing Eva’s current situation with being invisible, aprilp_katje had Eva saying her hand was looking transparent to her. So, it occurred to me that if Jeremy were to go by Eva’s house, he might be able to see it, even if nobody else could. I pondered the possibility of Jeremy actually being able to touch and walk in the house, but it raised too many issues with respect to Eva’s parents, who would be in the house. So, I opted for the transparent house.

Constable Paul Wright. It had been more than the 2 week he mentioned it would be in the strip when he could see Liz next, and I couldn’t see ignoring March break for her, so it felt safe for another trip. With real people, a woman in Liz’s position would find a way to go to Otter County or more in particular, White River to see Paul and his parents. However, the strip Liz is very self-oriented, so Paul has to come to her, even when she is the one with time off. I decided the trip needed to go some place outside of Mtigwaki, but it had to include Shiimsa, since that is the primary means of humourous postings qnjones is using for Liz these days. We got to play with Liz’s prior method of getting Shiimsa in a cat carrier from last summer and qnjones was doing nonconfrontational Liz and angry Shiimsa posts full tilt. It should be a fun trip. If Duncan’s cat Fautus shows up, then the_berserker will be in the mix too, which would be great.

Howard K. qnjones had Becky start a diet, because she herself is starting a diet on Weight Watchers. (By the way, qnjones, I do Weight Watchers and have lost a lot of weight with it. I have unfortunately plateaued (as they call it) and it is frustrating. However, it is much better than where I was, even it is not where I want to be.) qnjones dropped a line about the diet drink being bad-smelling, and I ran with it as Howard, little suspecting that aprilp_katje would actually find a reference to crash diets causing bad breath. The most amusing part of this to me is that Howard has been portrayed as a world class chef, and Becky is running off on all these diets without consulting Howard. I have been really enjoying cranky Howard posts.

Tomorrow’s strip: Well, I had made fun in the Foobiverse about the possibility the demonic flesh-eating roach people were actually in the house. Much to my surprise, they show up, or at least one of them does in tomorrow’s strip. I know it is going to just be April’s imagination, but wouldn’t it be great if it wasn’t?

4 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

It would be great if it weren't in April's imagination--but I don't suppose Foob would get that surreal on us. :)

6:31 AM  
Blogger howard said...

We had the pow-wow sequence in flashback. Does that count?

11:11 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

Nope. :)

12:24 PM  
Blogger howard said...

Rats. Well it seemed surreal to me. All that Ojibway presentation that was oh so close to being accurate.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home