Thursday, February 02, 2006

Iceland from A to K to Z

I got up this morning and found the first snark of the day was aprilp_katje posting as April directing Jeremy to a question of being chased by 3 girls all with the first name starting with “A.” As I was writing this up, greytail088 posting as Vicki Simone added some more “A” name girls to the list. So, I determined that they were all after comp tickets from Jeremy, and I tried to put together a funny encounter for the battle of the skinny blondes. I was reminded of a video for Destiny’s Child, which shows the members of Destiny’s Child getting into a street singing battle with themselves dressed in 2 different ways. No actually fighting occurs, but there is a lot of taunting. So, I envisioned the battle of blondes occurring entirely on cell phones with the blondes standing a few feet from each other. After that, Jeremy made another trip to watch JV curling at yet another real school that greytail088 posting as Vicki Simone lists. I had fun looking up and snarking the school and its very odd fight song. Then of course, I got to take the description of the girl April described in her monthly letter that she would be like, if she had the courage, and used them as the Z-girls.

Constable Paul Wright did a lot of posting yesterday, so he took a rest today.

Howard was on his way to do another series of 3 posts (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), when qnjones posting as Becky announced that she and Howard were dining with Thorvald and Krystle. So I struck the planned dinner post. qnjones can quote Icelandic stuff in circles around me. However, in my youth, I did go through a period of time when I was into Norse mythology, so I leveraged off of that for my Thorvald perspective. I did enjoy looking up baby names starting with a “K” that had a Norse origin though. A fun day for Howard.

Tomorrow’s strip: Elly is getting ready to quit the store and it appears will spend time going back to university. How soon she will quit, we do not know. Somehow I suspect she will finish her education just in time for the strip to end. What do you think of a combination university graduation for Elly and wedding for Liz? Those 2 would go together like mud and biscuits.

4 Comments:

Blogger howard said...

qnjones,

Back at you for your Thorvald posts. The flow of all things Icelandic has had me in stitches.

7:01 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

"Mud and biscuits"! Hee hee,pretty much. Side order of worms? ;)

7:42 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Them's good eatin.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Happy belated birthday!

I'm glad Jeremy has taken an interest in curling! And while I'm using actual high schools in the Toronto area, I realize they don't have curling teams. Let along junior varsity teams. I see this as suspending disbelief for the sake of entertainment.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home