Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Beginning to Move

Today began the sequence of posts where Howard considers the possibility of living with Becky McGuire. I don’t have much to say about this. Funny stuff ahead.

This evening, qnjones and I started up the Becky / Howard dance where Howard hooks up with Dennis North. Qnjones introduced the brilliant idea that Jim and Iris would be there. This evening I had to let qnjones pretty much carry the story until I got back from church choir practice and putting my kids to bed. She did an excellent job and gave me much with which to work. So, I fired off 2 posts to conclude the story. The first concentrated on the Jim / Iris / Howard relationship, with a few Becky barbs thrown in for good measure. The second was Howard / Dennis with a few more Becky barbs thrown in. I am not very good at writing Becky, as I clearly learned during Thanksgiving (U.S.), when I briefly took over her character. So, I hope qnjones will forgive my poor treatment of her character.

Jeremy did not do a whole lot. I had been dropping hints about Eva getting help from Jeremy on basketball, since Adrianne_p who posts for Eva had declared on the Meta, she knew nothing about the sport. I had Jeremy do his post on explaining basketball anyway. As for me, I went to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill during the time that one Michael Jordon was there and won the national championship. So, I am quite familiar with the sport.

Tomorrow’s strip: More Moira abuse and hilarity ensues.

3 Comments:

Blogger howard said...

Adrianne,

I know that Eva doesn't like Jeremy. In my post, she was barely civil to him.

The humour was supposed to be derived from:

a. Eva's embarrassment at being helped by Jeremy and Jeremy being forced on her by Shannon.

b. Shannon's insistence that Jeremy help Eva because "Eva likes him." Either Shannon actually believes this to be true OR the more likely choice, Shannon believes that Jeremy is such a sad sack, a potential girlfriend will motivate him.

c. Eva being extraordinarily ignorant about basketball.

Obviously, the post was a complete failure. Oh well. Jokes are never funny when you have to explain them. I am making a mental note to avoid basketball-related humour in the future.

9:33 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Adrianne,

Apologies are not necessary. I have to write better jokes.

10:48 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

Aw, I enjoyed the explaining-basketball stuff! (Sorry, Adrianne!)

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home