Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Swimming with the Fishes

Today in April’s Real Blog, qnjones posting as Liz suggested that Constable Paul Wright give Shiimsa the cat some yellow roses. My mind went around about this could happen. Mtigwaki does not have any kind of stores except that grocery / bait shop and 2 restaurants mentioned in the Elizabeth monthly letters. Neither of those places would have freshly cut roses in the middle of winter. The people in Mtigwaki have to carpool to the closest town of Spruce Narrows. I couldn’t think of a way to work it and make it match what we have been told about Mtigwaki, so I suggested fish. Cats love fish and the local Mtigwaki grocery probably has fish.

Then qnjones suggested that Shiimsa was choosing between the Northern pike and trout. I decided to see if those fish were indigenous to that area of Ontario (they are) and found a wonderful website that described the freshwater fish of Ontario. The best part of it was that each fish species was described with a personality. This inspired me to do my favourite post of the day, which was to link the fish species personality with the cat that liked the fish. I added in tuna and salmon, because those are the canned fish of which I know.

In meantime, Howard has begun a cycle of mealtime-related posts for his tenure at Becky’s house. This is mainly a sequence of running jokes strung together, and the challenge each day will be to use each running joke and try to do something new with it, preferably funny.

Jeremy Jones. He gave Becky a necklace as a symbol he is now Becky’s “sorta, kind” boyfriend. I am not sure where to go with him. Maybe the monthly letters will throw me a bone.

Tomorrow’s strip: Will Elly sell the shop? Inquiring minds want to know.

4 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

Don't eat worms! :)

3:35 PM  
Blogger howard said...

That changes my dinner plans. How about rodents instead?

3:43 PM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

Eek! I'll send you quiche. :)

6:22 PM  
Blogger howard said...

They say real men don't eat quiche, so I will be glad to have some.

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home