Sunday, October 23, 2005

Jim and Dixie WWII heroes

I thought I was snarked out after the Brenda Starr party. Fortunately, Lynn provided me with primo snark material for both Dixie and Grandpa Jim today. To explain why Jim would ignore raisins in a search for cookies when he apparently regularly gets cookies, I invented a cookie obsession. I tried to find someway to work cookie monster (the muppet and not the Blogger) into the scenario, but I couldn’t come up with anything. I nearly fell on the floor though, when I saw Dixie do the sticky-out tongue laugh. That was hysterical, Lynn, and I guess a shout out to us who make fun of it. The dog does it too. A careful examination of Dixie yielded more snark, and I ended with my running joke about Howard temporarily absorbing the personality of a nearby character – this time, Dixie.

I tried to engage the poster for Ardith Narayan (whoever that is) into a snark duet, but that did not work. Oh well, maybe next time.

As for tomorrow, Liz has trouble with lesson plans. That’s a difficult snark for Howard. He can’t say he toured into the lesson planning building in Mtigwaki. I will have to think on it.

This is probably a lead-in to an appearance by Constable Paul Wright, whom I plan to post as. I was hoping for a storyline involving Michael quitting Portrait magazine, but I suspect that Lynn knows that if she goes too long without getting back to Liz and the good constable, she will have to go through the trouble of reintroducing her readers to him. I hope schmoosie, who posts as Liz is ready for some hot romance posting.

6 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

Cookies! Meeeee want coooookieeeees! ;)

2:53 PM  
Blogger howard said...

Me a growing monster!

3:54 PM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

My son's really good at doing a Cookie Monster voice, which is really funny coming from such a little person!

4:28 PM  
Blogger howard said...

I miss the Sesame Street phase. Enjoy it while it lasts. My boy is into Pokemon and my girl is into the Teen Titans. The last time Sesame Street Live came to town, I was the only one in the family who wanted to go.

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psst... Howard, Ardith's surname is Armenian.

6:44 AM  
Blogger howard said...

I was googling all over the internet the Narayan, so I was sure the name was a Lynn homage to the Indian author. But checking for Narayan with Armenia, I also found references to the name, a Armenian community in Toronto. Plus it explains why she doesn't have the bindi. Armenia's state religion is Christianity. I will have to correct that, the next time we meet Ardith. Thanks anonymous.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home