Wednesday, January 18, 2006

What to do? What to do?

Yesterday evening, qnjones left me with a cliff hanger as to something being said to Dr. McCauley on the phone that Becky and Howard overheard. qnjones expected Howard to write it up, but unfortunately Blogger was doing funky things with time and space and so I completely missed it was a cliff hanger for Howard to do. Rereading it today, I realized it was for me to fill in and started pondering the mystic phrase: "you're kidding? how did they find out?" he gasped in2 the phone.

I kept trying to think, “What would Lynn Johnston (as portrayed by April’s Real Blog not want to be found out.” I went through all the characters and what I anticipated Lynn wanted to happen to them, and I got nothing. So I resorted to the old “GPS devices implanted in dental work by Dr. John Patterson” plotline. I don’t like to go too far back into ARB history, because anyone reading it for the first time would be very confused. However, to alleviate this, I tied it to a current plotline of the lawsuit being filed against otoscopes and maybe even created a reasonable (not really) answer as to why Dr. Patterson would use an otoscope instead of an earbud to hear music and also qnjones’ post as Gerald describing Elly and John Patterson’s plans for the future, i.e. Sending April to Barbados.

greytail088 popped in as Vicki Simone and suggested people might come to see a curling competition with Blessed Mother Teresa Catholic Secondary School n Scarborough with her. This is the second time she has suggested that and no one took her up on it last time. I tried to do a curling snark, but failed miserably. Blessed Mother Teresa Catholic Secondary School is a real school and from their website, it appeared that quite a few of the people that attend the school have Indian (the country) backgrounds. I thought briefly about snarking that, but I couldn’t think of anything funny that would not be interpreted as racism. They do have sports there at Blessed Mother Teresa, but curling is not one of them. I am not sure of greytail088’s reasons for picking that school. greytail088 dropped a line about her character Vicki Simone’s boyfriend Gordie being put on Percocet by the infamous Dr. Schlanger and Gordie text messaging her. I thought this was a lead-in for someone to do something, so I decided that Gordie would be loopy from too much Percocet and would post funny things to Vicki. Thanks go to greytail088 and aprilp_katje that went along with me on Percocet-inducing snark.

Tomorrow’s strip. Mira is not only evil, but she is going insaaaane. How many more indignities can the Sobinskis suffer?

2 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

I am pissed at LJ and co. for turning the current story arc toward "Mira is out of hand" rather than "Michael needs a smackdown," as seemed to be the initial direction that Dee seemed to be headed in. ::sigh::

BTW, Michael now feels deflated, as the otoscopes-being-marketed-as-earbuds revelation makes Papa-John less of a renegade Renaissance-man type. ;)

6:56 AM  
Blogger howard said...

aprilp_katje,

Michael needs a little deflation now and again. The turn toward Mira suddenly developing a behavioural problem in the plot, took me completely by surprise. Like Mike, I thought her argument with Melville was completely in character.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home