Monday, January 09, 2006

I Just Got Bored

After reading today’s strips, I was trying to find a way to snark on Mike and Deanna using Jeremy, Howard or the good constable and nothing was coming to me. Then I started thinking about stuff they could do that was similar to what was in strip, and nothing was coming to me. (As it turned out, adrianne_p figured out a way to do that and did it very well with the hospital course on things you learn from your 14-month-old.) Then I started thinking about what the 3 characters would just do in general, and nothing was coming to me.

I was getting bored with my inability, so I decided to post as a comic strip wife giving advice to Deanna. The obvious first choice was the Lockhorns, whose strip is based on a husband and wife constantly fighting. Once I did the Lockhorns, I got excited and did a lot more. It was pretty fun. The only difficulty was finding last names of the characters. I never could find Cathy’s last name (I presume it is different from Guisewhite), but the others were readily available.

The last item was setting up a date with Howard and Marjee Mahaha so I could return the favour she did for Howard with their lunch date, of giving Marjee a sounding board for her problems, which she had mentioned prominently with her longtime boyfriend Maynard. aprilp_katje didn’t bite, so I had to do that one myself. Hopefully it met with aprilp_katje’s approval.

Tomorrow’s strip. Mike and Deanna Patterson have a passive fight. Who will be the first to fall? Who will be the one who is forced to move away from their passive stance? With tomorrow’s strip, it appears that Deanna is winning, as Mike makes a tactical blunder in attacking her dad, and not her mom (their common enemy) and Deanna counters with the terrific comeback, “I never said anything.” Truer words have not been said, Deanna. That could be the story of your life.

5 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

So *you* did the wifely advice posts! Wonderful stuff. :)

Cathy Andrews. Unless she took Irving's last name--she was vacillating about this in the strip, but I don't remember her actually resolving it. Guisewite also mentioned Irving's last name in the vacillation strip, but I've forgotten it.

Sorry I didn't post as Marjee last night. By the time I'd gotten those April posts over, it was almost time for me to call it a night! I loved Howard's report on the date, and the anecdotes about Maynard's crimes were perfect!

Marjee will follow up today. :)

4:12 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Excellent Marjee follow-up and Vicki Simone followed your lead on the stupid Maynard crimes.

Cathy Andrews. I honestly do not ever remember seeing that in print. They don't carry Cathy in my local paper, so I have kind of lost track of her.

8:30 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Your hand in marriage. Well, I haven't been proposed to on the internet before. It's a first. ::Sigh::

10:06 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

Thanks for the compliment about the Marjee post. :)

I agree about Cathy, Adrianne. Dumb as dirt, can't learn from past behavior, and tries to pass herself off as an "Everywoman." As if!

11:30 AM  
Blogger howard said...

I think with the Cathy, I don't consider her to represent "everywoman." But I think she does represent a certain kind of woman that a lot of people know. I have known women like her before. Maybe that is the appeal of the strip.

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home