Sunday, January 08, 2006

Girl Scout Cookies

I spent the day walking my daughter around selling Girl Scout Cookies. Then I learned my step-brother's step-mother died today from a brain tumor. I did not know the woman very well. I met her once or twice at my step-brother's graduations. However, my step-brother spent his high school years with her as his mom, so he was pretty torn up about it. A lot of time on the phone.

There was not much time for April's Real Blog. I finally got around to finishing off the Candace and Rudy story that qnjones so nicely led me to after things settled down. Hopefully it's OK, but I am too tired to evaluate it coherently.

Tomorrow's strip: As predicted we headed off to Deanna lays down the law with Mike, or is it another "Mira and Wilf are evil" storyline? Probably both, considering the way Deanna's monthly letter went.

2 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

I'm so sorry for your step-brother's loss. Better brace yourself for another hug. . . .

::hug::

As for this week's strips, I hope it will not emphasize the evil of Wilf and Mira and instead focus on the whole "Mike needs to stop ignoring his family" angle. Though the final panel today just made me cringe.:(

9:00 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Adrianne and aprilp_katje,

Thanks for the hugs.

My step-brother is the one who really needs it. He has lost his grandparents and his step-mom all within a 3-month period.

I didn't like the final panel either, but Lynn has not had any problem with presenting Mike as an idiot lately (particularly with those revenge fantasies on the Kelpfroths). I hope that it is more along those lines and not actually intended to garner any sympathy for Mike.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home