Saturday, January 14, 2006

Sad Sack

I spent most of the day in anticipation of the big break up. I was just milking the “Jeremy is a sad sack” stuff, by ladling heaps of Jeremy love on Alexandra Love. Hopefully this will make it more tragic when adrianne_p posting as Alexandra Love finally gets around to officially breaking it off with him. I am not exactly sure how Jeremy will react when it happens. Sometimes when I write things down, I just start writing and I am amazed at what seems to come to my mind as I type. The process of putting down words can be sufficient to get the creative juices flowing. I can say unequivocally that Jeremy will be upset, but I am not sure the direction it will take. I may just start typing and see what happens.

qnjones has already started Becky down the path to seducing Jeremy, and I am enjoying playing Jeremy as oblivious to her advances as he is oblivious to Alexandra’s retreat. He is such a sad sack.

Constable Paul Wright. I strained my brain for something for him to say to snark on today’s strip, and nothing came to me. So he took a rest for today.

Howard. I used his relationship with Aunt Winnie and Uncle Melville to trace out the Patterson injustices to them, coupled with their reasons for banging on their ceiling, even though they recently got a plaster repair bill for doing just that. Me personally, I would have stopped banging after the plaster repair bill, but they seem to be still going at it. It was fun to rehash it again, so we could be prepared for the storyline apparently coming up next week.

Tomorrow’s strip. This may be tough to snark with it basically being Mira walking down stairs and knocking on a door. Monday, I am very likely going to have to do some retcon snark to align what happens in the massive battle between Mira and the Kelpfroths and what I wrote this week. Hopefully it will not be too egregious.

2 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

Stupid place-holding strip today. It mostly tells us, "Not done yet--tune in Monday!"

I really like the Winnie comments in Howard's post yesterday. :)

5:53 AM  
Blogger howard said...

aprilp_katje,

Thanks for the compliment on the Winnie comments.

adrianne_p,

The official break-up is yours to start, whenever you want. I am following your lead on this one, and by the nature of the story, I have to. I will continue groundwork until you're ready.

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home