Sunday, January 15, 2006

The Break-Up is Official. Will Jeremy Ever Figure It Out?

Today began what is essentially day 2 of my posting Jeremy reinterpretations of Alexandra Love trying to break up with him. I came back to April’s Real Blog from doing things with my family all day and found that if I interpreted literally what was being said to and by Jeremy from the other April’s Real Blog posters, then Jeremy was an emotional wreck from having been dumped. On the other hand, it made no sense whatsoever for Jeremy to end up on Dr. Forsythe’s doorstep after a breakup. Jeremy has made it no secret that he barely tolerates Gerald and has expressed negative sentiments for Gerald’s dad also. In addition, I just think clueless Jeremy is funny and I am not ready to be done with that angle on the humor yet. So, I had to come up with a good reason for Jeremy to go to Dr. Forsythe, and then to say what he was reported by qnjones posting as Gerald to have said. The other aspect was adrianne_p posting as Alexandra Love her version of the break-up with the tag line of Jeremy asking her to come to watch hockey with him that evening. The whole reinterpretation thing was a lot of fun to do, but I expect I will eventually tire of it.

The other post that caused me some difficulty was qnjones’ Gerald post that he had put his hand on Becky McGuire’s breast in front of Howard. The normal Howard reaction would be to punch Gerald’s lights out. However, on a careful reading of the post, it looked like Becky had handled the situation before Howard had a chance to do anything like that. In any case, putting Howard with Becky allowed me to introduce what I hope will be a new running joke, the bilabial vibration kiss. The kiss is so devastating that it causes the receiver of the kiss to lose motor control.

Tomorrow’s strip. The Kelpfroth / Sobinski smackdown begins with Wilf not really caring if Mira gets into a fight with someone. The fight has just started so it will be difficult for Howard to get the Kelpfroth point of view without knowing how it ends. Maybe I will do one of the “Dee posts a little bit at a time” things. Naw. That’s passive Dee, not the Kelpfroths. I will have to think on it.

ETA: Please ignore the above post and my overly critical opinions. I was an idiot when I was writing it.

4 Comments:

Blogger howard said...

qnjones,

I must apologize.

no sense whatsoever was too strongly worded and given your explanation, it is clear that I am the stupid one for not figuring that out myself.

Please forgive me.

7:01 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Thanks for forgiving me.

12:39 PM  
Blogger howard said...

Laura,

I thought you had forgiven me.;)

I am more than happy for Howard to do the disguise thing. It would be very funny. But he has to have a reason that would make sense to him (and concurrently any persons who read April's Real Blog, if there are any people who do that other than the people who post there.) In other words, why would Howard agree to disguise himself as Thorvald in front of his ex-wife and believe that he could get away with it? Howard is gullible, but he also has some common sense.

11:26 PM  
Blogger howard said...

Okey dokey. Howard has agreed. Are you sure you don't want to find a good reason for him to go as Thorvald?

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home