Saturday, January 14, 2006

Too Many People to Snark Properly

When qnjones suggested she was having a party and inviting all of Becky’s comic strip clients, and some new folks, and her relatives, and her friends, I was immediately panicked. I thought, “That’s a lot of people to snark. It’s hard enough to research that when it is just one comic strip character. 2 of my characters are there, so I decided that Jeremy Jones would cover the regular strip characters and Howard K. would move about the cabin snarking the visiting comic strip characters. I think that worked out all right. Of course, being a boy, my favourite part was having the husbands talk about their wives’ breast sizes. In any case, it went as expected, with sort of hit-and-miss snark briefly touching, but not in depth, on the characters.

I wrestled with the daily strip today. I just plain got a writer’s block on how to handle it as snark. There was really nothing I could do from the Kelpfroth standpoint, because nothing really happens, except Mira goes downstairs and knocks on their door. Monday, there should be plenty. But today, bupkiss. I guess I can miss one day. Not really. I am still thinking. There’s got to be some way to snark it.

Tomorrow’s strip: John exercises. John doesn’t tie his shoes very well. John shoves his ear buds too far into his ears and pays the price. The price is that Elly jumps in to take of him. I don’t know if he deserves to pay that much of a price.

1 Comments:

Blogger howard said...

qnjones,

I guess I am a little bit of an overachiever or just kind of stupid assuming I had to do all the characters. I am glad you liked it anyway.

I think a hair fetish is good. There is still room for more snark in that area for April.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home