Friday, January 20, 2006

omg, ger, u're a genius!

Truer words were not spoken today as those from aprilp_katje posting as April. qnjones posting as Gerald introduced the theme for the story that carried throughout the day. Gerald proposes to April, who accepts and then recants. My character of Howard, was completely appalled. My character of Jeremy was, in a moment that was unusual for him, perhaps even “out of character” for him, sympathetic to Gerald’s plight, having recently been through the same situation. I had Howard introduce the Bilabial Vibration kiss to April, so that this situation would also match. The difference being that in Jeremy’s case, the kiss was administered by his ex-girlfriend Becky, whereas in April’s case it was administered by the current girlfriend April. This seemed only appropriate considering that Jeremy is a sad sack that his story did not end with a reconciliation.

In meantime, in a role familiar to me and adrianne_p, we snarked the current strip, with adrianne_p giving me the clue that Jeremy would consider Alexandra Love’s breakup with him “out of character”, a line from today’s strip. All in all, it was a good day for snarking, and I had the privilege of following the lead of other people for most of the day.

As for me on the Foobiverse Journal, I produced a lovely post with links to different strips, discussing the change in the bed for Mike and Dee and also pointed out that they changed which side they slept on. The commentators to that post, never discussed the bed, but instead latched onto the changing side part. I discovered that quite a few couples pick the side they sleep on at random. This is not the way it is in my house. My wife has her favourite side, and it will never ever change. No matter where we sleep, ever. Of course, back in the early days of our relationship, when we first starting sleeping together it was not that way. I have a king-sized bed, which is essentially like 2 twin beds put together. My wife had come from sleeping on a queen-sized bed in her single days, and she was used to occupying the entire bed. So, when we first started sleeping together, her body would, in its unconscious state, try to encompass the entire bed, which it could not do. What ended up happening was that she would slowly move across the bed and push me off the other side. So, I would get up, go to the other side of the bed and sleep where she used to be sleeping. During the course of an evening, I would then occupy both sides of the bed, as would she. Eventually she got accustomed to a king-sized bed and stopped moving. She’s been stuck in the same spot ever since.

Tomorrow’s strip: Dee begins her transformation into the hypercritical Mira, by starting on her own parents. Mike makes perhaps the most arrogant statement of his entire comic strip life.

1 Comments:

Blogger howard said...

Adrianne,

Actually the headboard was there on the squeaky bed they put together when they first moved in.
Then it disappeared and came back. Coincidentally, the FBoFW graphic designer just came back from maternity leave, during which time an outside artist was hired to help out. I attribute the change in headboard back, to the return of the graphic designer.

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home