Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Vacuuming Day 2

I was incredulous that the vacuuming continued today in For Better or For Worse comic strip and is in fact in tomorrow’s strip. I fear we will be vacuuming all week. I thought for sure this was a lead-in to “Our House is Too Large, We Should Move”, but it appears so far to be genuinely trying to wring humour out of a joke that had been done before and better in an earlier For Better or For Worse strip, i.e. dogs don’t like vacuum cleaners or maybe cranky middle-aged women don’t like dogs who don’t like vacuum cleaners.

Personally I like a good vacuum. It was the first chore my kids could do around the house and actually wanted to do. Not so much now that they are older, but when they were young, it was hot stuff. When I run the vacuum, I can use it to chase after them going after their toes, which they find delightful and I enjoy also. If had a dog barking at the vacuum, you can rest assured I would be heading that vacuum right for that dog. When we had cats, they were especially fun, because cats are usually so skittish. We had one cat that liked the vacuum, and you could actually apply a mild suction to its body, which it really seemed to like, for some reason. It still shed though, no matter how much you vacuumed it. As it turned out, I married a woman with animal allergies, so the furry pet owning part of my life is over. It’s just not as much fun running a vacuum around fish in a tank.

1 Comments:

Blogger howard said...

Nobody loves me. Everybody hates me. Guess I'll eat some worms.

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home