Saturday, December 10, 2005

Under the Christmas Crunch

It has been very busy for me today. Cub Scouts from 9-4, Brownies from 1-3, church choir practice from 9:30-11:30. The Christmas rush is really upon me. I have a concert tomorrow and then 3 concerts next weekend. I predict it will have an effect on the number of posts I can do. So, don’t plan anything big with Jeremy or Howard unless you are willing to carry the load.

Howard. Today the always challenging qnjones dropped a line about Howard and Becky’s mom in bed together the previous night and Howard howling for 2 hours at a pitch not able to be shut out by earplugs. This produced quite a conundrum for me. Howard and Becky have been buds for a long time, and I have been intentionally avoiding hooking Howard up with Becky’s mom, on the premise that it would ruin Howard’s relationship with Becky, i.e. Becky treating Howard as a parent and not as an equal. So, I concocted this pheromone that would work on werewolves also working on recently changed from a dog Howard. In this fashion, Howard has hooked up with Becky’s mom, but did it completely against his will. Hopefully that will allow the relationship to be preserved somewhat.

Jeremy is in love with Alexandra. There were many posts about Gerald wanting to marry April in April’s Real Blog today, so I felt it was appropriate for Jeremy to chime in on his feelings for Alexandra going in a different direction than Gerald’s. Jeremy has always liked Alexandra a little more than Alexandra has liked Jeremy, and that should add a little extra dimension to their relationship. I am interested in seeing how adrianne_p plays with it. So far, a little distancing which is great.

Tomorrow’s strip: Oh this plays in so well with qnjones’ posts as Gerald today talking about John Patterson or I should say Pat Johnerson, not getting any sex. They are just handing us the snark for this one, gift-wrapped and on a silver platter.

3 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

I was actually planning on having Dee not be at the Patterson homestead today--I was going to give her a "girls' day" with Maxine. But then Jeremy had Mike yelling "Deanna" from out front and--change of plans! S'okay, I know we need to be flexible at ARB!

8:03 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Oops! Sorry! I just figured that the kids would never be alone with just Mike. I cannot recollect any strips in which he has taken the children to do anything with just him and both the kids, even with Elly or John present.

12:00 PM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

No problem. I just imagined it might give a chance for greytail088 to post as Maxine, but I'll come up with other reasons another time. :)

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home