Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Anonymous Poster Snark

We had one of those anonymous posters that took us to task for mistreating Shannon. As usual, when I get those kinds of criticisms, I have to examine what I have done to deserve the critique. As it turned out, I was actually fairly satisfied with my treatment of Shannon and found little of merit to the criticism with respect to my own posts. Of course, this meant that Shannon was my focus for the day’s snark with a particular emphasis on phrases used by the anonymous poster. Part 1 was pointing out how Justin, the e-mail reading program would actually handle April’s poorly punctuated e-mail that used some netspeak terms in it. Part 2 had to do with the mysterious magazine that appeared beside Shannon in the last panel. I think it was a very subtle way for us to be told that Shannon is Jewish.

Howard the dog turned back to Howard the man today after 3 weeks off. I must admit that I didn’t really miss him. I was having too much fun throwing out ideas to the incomparable qnjones to post as Becky for Howard. I will miss doing that. I wonder how many people guessed that the true love would be Becky. I tried to toss in red herrings as Jeremy, but I don't know if I fooled anyone. Anyway, I got several suggestions for new directions in which to take Howard from 3 weeks ago on this Blog, so now it will be time to run through those to see if I can get excited about Howard again. First off is Howard adjusting to being back as a man. I am likely to milk that joke for awhile. Watch out!

Tomorrow’s strip: A test for qnjones as Becky and aprilp_katje as April. This is pretty blatant Becky / April hate and I know that April is not going to let Becky copy that book report, so it is going to be even more Becky / April hate in the following strips on Friday and Saturday. I predict Shannon to rescue April by tweaking Becky’s ear.

3 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

Well, I temporarily copped out, but only temporarily. We need more information and we need a plan. Please see my updated "continuity" entry at the Meta.

I enjoyed Howard's difficult adjustment to being human again. Funny, I almost had April ask Becky if she'd kissed howthedog, but for some reason, I thought that on the night Becky's mother did the spell, everyone there kissed Howard. Stupid mushbrain!

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I predict Shannon to rescue April by tweaking Becky’s ear.

That would be so funny after Shannon's decked Jeremy TWICE in ARB. I'm hoping for Eva, obviously -- though she might be shown as a bitch if she appears now ... ::Pondering this::.

If it is Shannon one of two things I'd like to see. Shannon saying, "You...can...have...my...report...Becky." with the readers own fill in of, "I...read...Green...Eggs...and...Ham." Or Shannon thinking of Becky in a spacesuit with an oxygen leak or a "shuttel", because, obviously the "roket" didn't work ; )

Adrianne

9:26 AM  
Blogger howard said...

There have been several days of April at school, and even a communal gathering of friends at Becky's radio broadcast and at lunch. These would have been opportune times for Eva to be present, and yet she was not. I am beginning to suspect that she is going into the same land as Beatrice Alfarero, i.e. appear in one strip and then never again.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home