Sunday, December 11, 2005

There’s a Riot Goin’ on Right Now!

I started off the day thinking an escalating battle of snow forts between Mike and John would cause a minor snarkfest. Well, I was right about the minor part. Fortunately, I did not have a lot of time for posting today, so when qnjones dropped her (the prison gig is today, are you ready, Jeremy?), I could easily pretend that Jeremy had spent the day traveling to the LeClerc Institute in Quebec. I have no idea if the LeClerc Institute actually exists in Quebec. Googling gets me a LeClerc Institute, but not in Quebec. There is also a Leclercville in Quebec, so I did not know if this is the reference. Based on Leclercville, it is about an 8 hours’ drive from Toronto. So, I went with that. The tricky part is that I know that the prison would not have allowed cell phones inside, so a prison gig posts would have to occur afterwards. I got bored with that and decided to go with a prison riot. Of the prison riots I researched, the common characteristics were very poor guards, overcrowding, mistreatment and frequently a complaint about the food. I decided to go with the food, since the other choices were a little too controversial for April’s Real Blog. What you, the casual reader of this Blog do not know, is that qnjones and I were looking for some ways to do some joint posts, since we enjoyed the Howard the dog story so much. However, unlike the Howard the dog story, these posts were entirely uncoordinated between us. I look forward to our next collaboration.

Tomorrow’s strip: Perhaps the most incompetent vacuuming I have ever seen. My 8-year-old doesn’t crawl on her hands and knees to operate a vacuum.

8 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

Yeah, I just didn't have any inspiration w/the Mike and John competitive snow-building. Sorry!

5:29 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

Don't know if you saw my post on this in the "references" thread at AMB, but this seems to explain Shannon reading Spirit Magazine.

6:36 AM  
Blogger howard said...

qnjones,

I thought it must have been real, since the name was so specific. I just couldn't find it. I hope 8 hours travel is enough to get there.

aprilp_katje,

No apologies are necessary for the snow-building. I did see you post on Spirit Magazine. I am so bummed, I got the magazine reference wrong. I am going to have to learn to check the FBOFW website before I google.

9:15 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

Clearly, the Lynnmates manipulated Google so as to make this reference unfindable. Because, evil! Evil, I tell you! :)

9:46 AM  
Blogger howard said...

I cannot blame the Lynnions. If I google "Spirit Magazine Special Olympics" it finds it easily. I found the other Spirit Magazine and stopped looking, thinking I had found the one. Oh well. If the Lynnions were evil, they would, after spotting my mistake, have Shannon invite April to worship with her at the local Mormon tabernacle. I am probably safe for now. Religion has not entered into For Better or For Worse in a long time.

10:04 AM  
Blogger howard said...

adrianne_p,

Makes sense. I will wait for your post on the ARB. The exchange on the Alex&Eva Blog, it would not fit for Jeremy to reply to it, as it is a private conversation between the two.

2:13 PM  
Blogger howard said...

adrianne_p,

Jeremy would do almost anything Alexandra asked him to do. My experience with high school couples is that after a certain period of time of dating where the boy originates the dates, the girl starts taking over the social calendar. I don't know what your experience is in this area. Jeremy and Alexandra have been together for awhile now, so your post makes perfectly good sense to me.

3:13 PM  
Blogger howard said...

Adrianne,

Your experience is very different from mine during my single years at least from the boy perspective. I did have dates where the girl talked about herself nonstop or was hypercritical of me during the date. I had a lot of bad dates. Many more bad ones than good ones. I would have really liked staying home and being felt up instead of having to go out 2X every weekend and once mid-week, which was pretty much the standard requirement for my ex-girlfriends. Although I enjoy a good conversation too. I did the poetry, song-writing, and flowers version of romance during my dating years (all those ideas were miserable failures, by the way).

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home