Thursday, December 08, 2005

As the Dog Turns

Aprilp_katje surprised me this morning, by refusing to snark the Becky / April book report interchange and replacing it with a snark on the Laura Cruikshank page that appeared on the For Better or For Worse website. I say I was surprised, because I completely understood why aprilp_katje refused to snark the prior day’s zit strip. I found it very difficult to snark that one myself (see yesterday’s blog). But the Becky / April confrontation was loaded with snarkable material and it felt odd snarking it without aprilp_katje’s addressing it initially, as if I were somehow violating a sacred trust to wait for her. I hope I have not offended her by doing so. Laura Cruikshank was out of the reach of Jeremy Jones or Howard, because they had never interacted with her. Howard is too busy chasing squirrels to be involved with introducing himself, and Jeremy Jones just wouldn’t do that sort of thing. It is actually strange that I wrote that last sentence.

In the life of Howard, we have pushed onto 2 suggestions from 3 weeks ago. One is that Howard has a relationship with Fiona Brass. Two is that Howard works as a janitor. The references to the Mayes Midtown Motors restaurant being ignored are references to the December letter from Mike Patterson on the For Better or For Worse website, insomuch as Mike fails to mention the restaurant at all, while he mentions both the garage and the car sales lot. I wonder if Lynn realizes that the restaurant still exists. Personally I think it is a great idea to have a restaurant near a car repair place. There is a local Goodyear that I used for car repair that is right next to a restaurant, and I frequently walk over and eat there while waiting for my car to be repaired.

Jeremy Jones did mainly reaction posts today and many of my fellow April’s Real Blog posters gave him some great feeds. I got the start time of the hockey game time right tonight. Whoo hoo! The NHL plays games pretty much every day, so I think it is entirely possible that Jeremy and Alexandra can make a habit of studying/watching hockey/kissing & etc. while at Jeremy’s house where they would not have the oversight of Alexandra’s parents. Whether or not Jeremy has gotten to 2nd base, 3rd base, or home plate w/Alexandra; I think I will leave up to the imagination. Adrianne_p put up an Alexandra icon over on the Alex & Eva website. If Alexandra looks like that, Jeremy is totally and completely in love and can’t believe how lucky he is to be with a girl that is not only hott, but also likes sports—the perfect girlfriend, from a teenage boy’s perspective.

Tomorrow’s strip: Much to my surprise, April lets Becky copy at least part of her work. I find this reversal quite surprising. I have, from time to time, noticed strips that appear to be reactions to the fans. For example, the appearance of Paul Wright, when the strip fails to endear Anthony to the readers. This is another one of those situations. April really laid into Becky in the September, beginning of the school year strips. As near as I can tell from reading the discussion board comments, not only did the fans not rally behind April, but Becky gained sympathy. Now Becky is being painted more and more as a villain, and April is playing the victim somewhat (you still have the witch line). I think someone is working hard now to try to get sympathy for April. If only they weren’t so incompetent at it.

5 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

Laura's entry was a stalling tactic, and I'm glad I stalled, as I was certain April would not share her work with Becky.

8:00 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Adrianne,

Other, older boys could well eye Alex. As I recollect from my high school days, it was fairly common for girls under the age of 16 to be interested in older boys who had cars and the like, and the older boys usually responded. However, I cannot take credit for Ted. I think that is aprilp_katje, but who knows? The advantage that Jeremy has over the older boys is oddly enough, his association with Becky, the up-and-coming music star. Some girls really like musician-types.

aprilp_katje,

I was also surprised by April sharing her work with Becky. April has been downright hostile about Becky this school year. With the witch line yesterday, I thought for sure the setup was for April to shove her lack of preparation into Becky's face as retribution. Good idea to stall.

8:26 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

::raising hand::

Yup, I've been doing the Ted posts. I wanted someone to worry Gerald a bit, but he seems oblivious.

8:32 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Adrianne,

Yes, aprilp_katje has been known to post as many, many different characters, sometimes all at the same time. She is very talented.

10:10 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

::blush::

Thanks, you guys! :)

(I can have Ted hit on Alex, too, if you want, Adrianne!)

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home