Sunday, December 18, 2005

Biker Barbershop

Today. qnjones posted about Becky’s father’s barbershop quartet missing a tenor, which I interpreted as a big hint for Howard to sing barbershop, since he is a tenor. I was more amused by the idea of Becky being the tenor and set up the barbershop competition, which I think was just one more level of absurdity to the idea that biker gangs would even have barbershop quartets.

I also liked the idea that Dr. Everett Callahan and qnjones’ invented character Jean-Jacques Foutre might compete for Howard’s attentions. So, I laid the groundwork for that today.

Jeremy and Alexandra are resolving the “Jeremy has a job, so he can’t devote his full attention on me.” problem. I must compliment Adrianne_p for coming up with the idea. That is a very realistic situation for 14-year-olds who have little to no concept that things do not revolve around them. I knew a guy in high school who gave up a scholarship to a college because his younger girlfriend complained that it would put him too far away from her. Then she broke up with him a year later. He was not a very happy fellow after that, but he should have known better.

Oh, and Howard had to throw in some Grandpa Jim snark, so he wouldn’t feel left out, since he was the focus of the strip today.

Tomorrow’s strip: After over a month of zits and vacuums, the good constable returns (well he is mentioned at least). I am royally ticked off he is not going to get to confront Anthony, but I suppose that is a realistic situation considering his work. His parents’ location in White River, means that his detachment must be modeled on the one in nearby Marathon, which is the model that I had been using for Otter County. I was happy to see that.

1 Comments:

Blogger howard said...

qnjones,

I am glad you liked the Becky in disguise bit. I figured that was something Thorvald could convince her to do.

adrianne_p,

I liked the idea no matter where it came from. I drop a lot of my own stuff into these posts. I think that is pretty common among the ARB posters.

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home