Saturday, October 01, 2005

Mtigwaki and the Robert Freeman Party

I was pretty busy all day, so I knew that my snark would have to be done in the early morning. So I spent most of the morning researching grass dancers and eagle feather traditions and crop circles occurring in Ontario. As I got into it, I think I have an understanding of how Lynn put together this Mtigwaki sequence. She has pictures on the For Better or For Worse website of her at a pow-wow and I think she got all her information from Perry McLeod-Shabogesic, the Baloney and Blannock cartoonist, who is probably not a scholar of Native tradition. Then she passed on what information she had to whomever it is that scripts her strip these days. The Non-Canadian English spellings I mocked are a clear indication that Lynn was not responsible for the lettering, which leads to the possibility that she may not even be responsible for this series of strips. The inaccuracies in the grass dancer and eagle feather traditions can easily be explained as “poor notes left by Lynn to the person(s) ghosting her strip.” I did receive some good love for my snark, which made the effort all worthwhile. I fear for another week of this stuff. I am not used to having to research this much for a FBOFW snark, and there is almost nothing to snark otherwise. I had pretty much planned that to be Howard’s snark of the day. The rest of the crew was scheduled to work the Robert Freeman party from the strip Boondocks.

At the end of the day, I returned from my activities (Pokémon Rocks in Phoenix) and found that aprilp_katje had especially requested Howard’s presence at the Robert Freeman party and you know I would do most anything for aprilp_katje. “Boondocks,” the strip by Aaron McGruder is not carried in my local paper, and I do not follow it on-line. So I knew that it was going to require a little effort to catch up on the current plotline and remind myself who the characters were. Then someone threw in Luann DeGroot from the strip “Luann” and Jason Fox from the strip “Foxtrot.” Marjee, Maynard and Vicki Simone are also there. It came to be too many characters for my poor feeble brain to wrangle. I think I have done a lot of setup for the other April’s Real Blog posters to do their jokes about the Robert Freeman party. I look forward to what shows up tomorrow. Maybe I’ll have a cheese sandwich while I read it.

2 Comments:

Blogger howard said...

Thanks for the compliment schmoosie. I think I am going to have to do a cheese sandwich post on the ARB now.

1:45 PM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

"I would do most anything for aprilp_katje."

::blush::

Well, I knew it would be more fun if Howard could be there! :)

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home