Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Loveable Liz

I got my inspiration today from schmoosie posting as Liz. She (I think schmoosie is a she) dropped the idea that Elly's full page color singles advertisement for Liz was published, and I started thinking, "What is the worst that this could be?" I adapted the strip Elly's description of Liz and reworded it to lose its innocence. Then I had to think if I had ever seen Liz in a swimsuit and I immediately remembered the Sunday strip from last year where she went topless after April spit watermelon seeds on her back. Yuck, April. That was disgusting. The Elly snark came together nicely after that.

I had Howard go and visit poor Gerald in the hospital thinking I was going to get inspired to write something funny about the visit. Nothing came to me that didn't involve putting the poor guy back into the hospital. So, I opted to do a little Gerald Project work, so there might be something interesting for him to say once he finally gets around to telling his version of the massage table incident.

Constable Paul Wright was finally named in the 9/21/2005 strip as Liz's Mr. Right (has to be in the running for the worst pun ever in the For Better or For Worse strip). I am seriously considering posting as him, assuming nobody beats me to it and assuming that schmoosie would be interested in a posting buddy for her upcoming Liz love story. I haven't decided for sure.

2 Comments:

Blogger howard said...

All righty then. With your approval, my plan is to have Paul Wright start posting as soon as Lynn gets far enough in the strip where Liz and Paul have actually met. Sort of a "my friend Liz said that if I wanted to get to know her better I should check out this Blog" kind of thing. However, if you have a better idea, I am all ears.

8:58 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

hee, i can hardly wait to see what you come up with as "mr. (w)right," howtheduck. ;)

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home