Monday, September 19, 2005

Where Do You Get Your Inspiration?

Today the inspiration came from eeknight posting as Anthony. He mentioned that Elly had been putting pictures of Liz into certain books being purchased. One of the books in question was Dan Brown’s “The Da Vinci Code”, which I coincidentally just finished reading. So I tried to imagine what Howard would think of the book and that led me into taking Howard once again to Lilliput’s to buy it and an encounter with Elly Patterson over the Liz picture. At first I thought we were being a little harsh with Lynn Johnston about this “Elly pimping Liz” plot, but then I read the 9/20 strip where Elly practically does a singles ad for Liz and realized that we were not harsh enough. Bring on the snark, April’s Real Blog posters!

My second inspiration for the day came from aprilp_katje as April’s and qnjones as Gerald’s excellent posts on Saturday for the Gerald / April date. I was able to use their dialogue to lead into a Grandpa Jim and Iris post reported by Howard.

The fact that Elly is setting up Liz with a policeman leads me to the idea that Howard would make a return appearance in the strip in order to utilize the police protection to lead to romance. That’s probably just wishful thinking.

1 Comments:

Blogger howard said...

Nobody loves me. Everybody hates me. Guess I'll eat some worms.

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home