Sunday, October 16, 2005

Flashing for Fun

It was a slow day on April's Real Blog. The snark du jour was Elly Patterson's oft-repeated "I have hot flashes" joke. A quick check against medical websites showed that hot flashes can occur for several years after menopause, so the strip was medically sound. My snark today mainly played off of the insensitivity of Dr. Patterson to his wife's plight.

Looking at tomorrow's strip, it appears that Melville Kelpfroth is making another appearance. This time, I am not in Disneyland, so I can provide the Howard perspective. Also, tomorrow, Howard starts at the Mayes Midtown Motors restaurant and begins to face the horror that awaits him there. I thought about having Fiona Brass work there, but I am having second thoughts. I don’t know enough about Fiona to do a proper snark on her. Plus, she is so much in the ancient history of the For Better or For Worse strip, no one is likely to get the snark, even if I did it.

The mystery in April's Real Blog for me now is what qnjones is doing with Becky's mom and her new boyfriend. The hints she is dropping imply that Becky's mom and escapee dad are back together. I am not sure how Howard would apply to that situation, but I will think on it.

Of course, there is also the running story with Brenda Starr. I am going to wait for schmoosie to return before starting back into that. It is much more fun to post with her as Brenda than to flail about on my own.

4 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

Nothing to add at the moment, but I don't want you to go off and eat worms! :)

10:50 AM  
Blogger howard said...

I was wondering if anyone read my worms comments. I should have known nothing would slip past the continuity goddess.

3:58 PM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

I even responded to one of them. :)

4:38 PM  
Blogger howard said...

I am embarrassed that I did not notice that. I love you too, continuity goddess.

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home