Sunday, October 09, 2005

Off to Mouseland

I thought I was going to have more time to participate in the Thanksgiving dinner posts, but I was wrong. Too much trip preparation for me. As I was looking through the mayhem that was Thanksgiving, I was struck by this fact, “There’s no way I can put this together in my head, add Howard input, and still prep for my trip.” So, I took the easy way out and had Howard fall asleep in the escaping Thorvald’s car.

Anyway, Howard is going to disappear for the week, which is to say not post. Fellow ARB posters, you can go on your merry way without him, or you can drop hints and clues as to what he has been doing that would keep him from posting. I had originally planned for Howard to go back to jail with another surety failure, but the October monthly letters established who Howard’s surety is, so that was no longer an option. So, we are going this route instead.

What you have is: (1) Tracey Mayes has invited Howard to look at hers and Gordon’s restaurant to possibly take a job. Tracey came up with a completely different explanation for her actions in the old Howard conspiracy storyline. Tracey’s story is full of holes, but that’s what will make things interesting. (2) The mysterious Brenda Starr. I tried to add a little more mystery to her, by adding to schmoosie's hints that she is investigating the gay / straight relationships in Milborough. Schmoosie has dropped so many hints about Brenda’s real motivations, that I am sure she has something in mind about this. Plus, Brenda is the last person that Howard acknowledges seeing before he disappears. (3) The effect on Becky’s mom Krystle, when Howard doesn’t show up for work. I guess she will notice this on Tuesday, since Howard has Monday off for Thanksgiving. (4) The effect on the other ARB characters who have a regular relationship with Howard, when he stops posting. Ah, you guys won’t even notice I am gone.

2 Comments:

Blogger howard said...

schmoosie,
Not quite gone yet, but I will be in a few hours. I have no reasons planned for Howard's departure. The idea sounds great to me. You have been playing Brenda with such an air of mystery, it will be interesting to see how you approach Howard's disappearance in posts to the other characters. Go for it, with my complete approval.

6:04 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

I've had a couple of characters drop small hints. Yesterday, Marjee spotted Brenda and Howard outside of the Mayes restaurant. Today, Shawna-Marie spotted Brenda, Howard, and a man with an eye patch watching the Maple Leafs practice. I figure these are open-ended enough to let you and Schmoosie fill in as you choose.

As for April and her friends noticing Howard's silence, they do know that he's in Toronto with Brenda, so they may simply assume he's busy or does not have access to the blog.

Hope you have a great vacation! :)

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home