Sunday, October 09, 2005

Oh My God or Setting Up the Cliff Hanger

Today I spent a little time setting up some dissatisfaction between Howard and his boss, Becky’s mother Krystle. I have done several stories with Howard having to fill in the parent role for Becky due to some indiscretion of Krystle. Then a major tiff between Krystle and Howard makes it reasonable to consider a job offer that will be proffered by Tracey Mayes, the godmother of Milborough crime. I ended the day with an extraordinarily long post detailing a conversation between Howard and Tracey, where Tracey basically offers him his life back. The purpose of this is twofold. One, it sets up a cliffhanger for Howard for when I leave to go to Disneyland on Monday and can no longer post. The idea behind the cliffhanger is that Howard is going to disappear on Monday without saying anything to anyone about it. Then it will be up to the April’s Real Blog posters to provide clues or sightings as to what happened to Howard, if my fellow ARB posters so desire. Two, it cleans up the ARB version of Tracey enough I hope, so that qnjones who occasionally posts as Tracey can post closely to the Tracey that is presented in the For Better or For Worse strip.

I totally turned Howard in a complete fanboy (or as I like to call him fan gay) about schmoosie’s Brenda Starr character. I really enjoyed mixing together Brenda Starr worship statements and an “Oh my god” with some fairly lucid observations about other things. It was a sort of comparison / contrast kind of dialogue and fun to write. Tomorrow, we have the qnjones Becky Thanksgiving magnum opus, for which I will make some contribution. And aprilp_katje has the opportunity to do the same thing with the Patterson Thanksgiving. I just hope schmoosie and I can keep up.

As for the Sunday strip. God what can I do with that? We don’t rake leaves in southern Arizona.

1 Comments:

Blogger howard said...

Nobody likes me. Everybody hates me. Guess I'll eat some worms.

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home