Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Flirt or Tease?

A flirt would smile a lot, make eye contact, giggle and throw their head back when they laugh. When they talked to a man, they would touch his arm or hand or back. They would listen with interest in what the man had to say. They would give compliments, and would feel comfortable talking about provocative subjects.

A tease knows they aren't interested in the guy; knows they don't want to date him, but act like they do. And they like the attention or the confidence it gives them and that's why they do it.

A tease is generally meant to mean someone who leads someone on. A flirt is someone who just generally flirts with everyone in a good natured way.

Based on these definitions, Elizabeth is a tease with Warren Blackwood, because she knows she’s not interested in him and accepts dates with him anyway. He’s just there to pass the time until Anthony Caine gets off his butt and asks her out. Constable Paul Wright fell into the same category most evidently, when Elizabeth finds Anthony Caine has gotten divorced and she immediately moves back to be close to him.

Elizabeth is a flirt with Anthony Caine. She sprayed compliments all over him about having his own place, and building the things he built around his house. She touches him a lot and lets him touch her when they talk. She seemed to listen to what he said, for the most part.

I don’t know what to make of April and Gerald. It’s like they have an annual kissing rendezvous, but the rest of year they hardly touch or talk to each other. They don’t sit by each other at lunch; they don’t stand by each other when the band is relaxing. It wasn’t until this past March where they had a strip of them holding hands. What few times they do talk, it’s all business. Then you had this "makeout while reclining" sequence, which is the focus of the current strip, followed by April dressing to emphasize her breasts, and wearing more makeup and a different hairstyle. But then she won’t Gerald touch her in front of the guys, even before they reveal they know all about the story of what happened. April is definitely not a flirt. I am afraid to say, she appears to be a tease.

But it wasn't always this way. April used to be enthusiastic about Gerald. If I go through the monthly letters, you can see April cool toward Gerald:

April's Letter, August 2005

Gerald and I broke a band rule too - no dating other members. I never expected him to kiss me at our dance, but honestly I'm glad he did. If the band's gone down the sewer anyway, at least I have a boyfriend. I think about him all the time. I write his name on everything. He kisses really softly - not like the face chewing stuff you see on TV. That looks so gross. I hope it lasts longer than our band did. "It" meaning my relationship with Gerald.

April's Letter, September 2005

I missed Gerald and Liz and Buttsy and the dogs while I was away in Manitoba, but it was good to be away from home for a while. I've got to go - Gerald and I are going to go see a movie. When we're together, I don't think about anything but him. He is so cute. He looks down when he smiles, like Prince William. I like Gerald soooooo much!!! (Secret, secret, secret!) He probably doesn't know how much!

April's Letter, September 2006

Gerald and I are a "couple" and we talk too - but when you're into someone, sometimes conversations can be taken the wrong way.

April's Letter, January 2007

Gerald and I have been "dating" for about three years now. We have some drama; I don't get to see him very much because both our parents don't want us to get serious, but we talk on MSN a lot and we're close. We don't want to be one of those couples at school who are all glued to one another like some people are so you can never talk to one of them on their own. We don't hold hands or anything at school, and we sure don't get caught kissing under the stairs like other couples do.

1 Comments:

Blogger howard said...

Nobody loves me.
Everybody hates me.
Guess I'll eat some worms.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home