Saturday, March 31, 2007

Even Fewer Friends Than Before

In last year’s For Better or For Worse entry for April’s 15th birthday, she went out with Eva, Duncan, Gerald and 2 other persons who have never been identified, although I was certain at the time, one of them was the new drummer. I associated them with made-up April’s Real Blog characters, Vicki Simone and Gordie Duroccher, which added the elements to Gordie’s character of wearing sunglasses and a beret. As it turned out Luis Guzmán was added to the band, and the other couple does not make a repeat appearance this year. April is now down to 3 friends. Who will be left, when she turns 17?

2 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

I think you mean "keyboard player" instead of "drummer" (I get to point that out because of the whole "Elly and John's bedroom is downstairs" thing. ;) )

Poor April, frozen at 16, never gets to have a 17th birthday or to make more friends. Unless we carry on for her at ARB, that is.

And I actually caught myself thinking that since April's 17th birthday would fall on a Tuesday, I wondered whether the Lynnions would devote an actual daily-strip arc to the event (for the first time since 2003?) but then I remembered the freeze and no 17th birthday.

4:51 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Keyboard player is correct as usual, oh continuity goddess.

As for 16-year-old April, at least they finally seem to be letting appear a little more grown up. April has been stuck as a tween for a long time.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home