Sunday, March 25, 2007

Gerald gets Comfortable, But Probably not Any More Than That

Another busy Sunday for me, as my church choir took its annual “Visit a church in the sticks and sing for them” trip. This year we went to Eloy, Arizona. It was the second time we had been there, and the last time was 2 years ago. The minister has actually done a fairly impressive job of improving things there. There were actually some kids there, and not just old people.

Then we went back home and I watched my team lose in NCAA basketball, a game they could have and should have won. It was depressing. A few April’s Real Blog posts and that was ARB for the day for me.

Tomorrow’s strip: A real shocker as Gerald shows more of his repugnant personality, but I am overjoyed at the shout-out to April’s Real Blog at the idea that Gerald would plan April’s loss of virginity so close to her 16th birthday. I can’t speak for anyone else, I think I can say for certain, in my high school when I was growing up, there were no couples who had been going steady for 4 years, who had not had sex. If Lynn Johnston wants to paint this story realistically, April and Gerald will do the deed.

However, the only thing I know for certain is that April will not be losing her virginity during this storyline. April is a good girl. Her worst offence to her parents is not making her own chicken wrap. She is at her worst when she deals with Becky McGuire, but even then she is just talking behind her back. Nothing is going to happen with Gerald, except they may break up. If that happens, we may finally get to see this strip's setup finally happen.

http://www.fborfw.com/strip_fix/archives/000151.php.

Reasons why the breakup might happen are:

a. http://www.fborfw.com/strip_fix/archives/001526.php. Gerald calls the Special Need retarded (November 25, 2005).
b. http://www.fborfw.com/strip_fix/archives/002068.php. Gerald values the band more than April's feelings about her Grandpa (October 2, 2006).
c. April has mentioned the difficult group dynamics of having 2 couples make up the band in her monthly letters in October, 2006; January, 2007.
d. April lusting over the music store employees in her March, 2007 monthly letter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home