Sunday, April 01, 2007

Oh, She Was Only 16

It was not really until Elizabeth Patterson came home to Milborough from Mtigwaki (Land of Trees), that she developed her lips of loveliness and the look which is currently associated with her. In other words, when she started to look more like a model than Elizabeth. I am sorry to see the same thing happen to April as of turning 16. The old Patterson girls with their big bottoms, small chests, flaccid arms, noses which were not pert and perky, were more appealing because it made them more like girls to whom you could relate, or whom you would like to date (depending on your perspective). Fortunately for us, 16-year-old April’s hair is even uglier than before, but that was always the part of her appearance I liked the least. I always thought Shannon Lake had the best hair and was one of the most attractive women in the FOOBiverse, even though this was clearly not Lynn’s intent in drawing her.

I am not sure where Lynn is going with glammed up April, but I feel as though Lynn Johnston has just handed me a pistol loaded with snark.

2 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

I suspect LJ will tire of April's new look and slip back into "April looks 12." But either way--poor April. She couldn't even get a hair upgrade for her birthday?

2:50 AM  
Blogger howard said...

She got those things hanging off the side of her head so you can't see her pointed ears anymore. I suppose that's a plus of some sort.

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home