Sunday, October 29, 2006

The Darker Side of Paul

Today on For Better or For Worse, what I would consider to be a pretty good strip considering the quality of the strip these days. Elly and John are having fun for most of the strip and look pretty goofy. I was so busy today. I sang one service at the church. The kids sang 2 other different services with their kids choir. Then my daughter went to a Halloween party and had yet another church activity during the evening. I was going to do more posting, but I could only squeeze in Constable Paul Wright’s post. I was going to go with the minors shouldn’t be drinking story that qnjones as Liz has pointed out with her side story of April and Liz drinking together, when I discovered to my surprise that in Canada, minors are allowed to drink in their own homes with adult supervision. So, in order to reinforce the good constable’s opinion on the matter, I hunted up the Ojibway statistics for youth alcoholism and it was shocking to me how bad it is. So, I used that for Paul’s post, even though it was not very funny. Sometimes, I get in the mood just to make Paul informative, as a sort of character-building exercise. It is my opinion that Paul would make a stand against drinking as a part of his Ontario Provincial Police and Ojibway background.

Tomorrow’s strip: As predicted, “Fun” vs. “Quality”. The first strip out in this sequence and it is fulfilling my desire for snarkable awfulness already. I really hope Jeremy Jones makes an appearance though. He is overdue for one.

1 Comments:

Blogger howard said...

April may be a better choice. She doesn't seem to have Elizabeth's drinking problem, or Elizabeth's obsession with Anthony Caine. April may be similarly obsessed with Gerald, but with only one kiss a year, maybe not.

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home