Monday, October 23, 2006

Elly and Phil visit. Iris stays.

aprilp_katje's Blog entry confused me today, because she said that today's strip was a continuation of the strip from last Saturday. I thought it was a new day, because Iris' outfit changed. However, I will admit, Phil's clothes did not change, so it could have been the same day. It was a pretty dull day for the strip, with Elly and Phil looking more like lovers than brother and sister looking at their sleeping father. It did a Dagwood Bumstead post, because I found a Dagwood sleeping strip to reference. Try as I might, I couldn't find a Garfield sleeping strip to reference.

Thank goodness, qnjones jumped all over my Michael Patterson post mentioning his book. That was an excellent diversion.

To summarize: Elly and Phil stand around and watch their father sleep. Then tomorrow they leave and talk about realty. Shoot me now.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, it didn't look like a continuation to me either, but who the hell can tell? Lynn jumps around too much to be sure.

Glad you liked the Mike's book entries. I felt like I was going out on a limb by adding a scene to Mike's book (Sheilagh digging a well), but I couldn't help myself. :)

1:48 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

I was on the fence as to whether the strip was a new day, and I made a guess based on Phil's clothes. I hadn't noticed Iris. Oops. Well, it's one long, dull day to me. ;)

I loved the book exchange! The well scene was hysterical, qnjones! Sorry I bowed out, but my son wasn't feeling well, and he needed lots of parental attention.

4:23 AM  
Blogger howard said...

qnjones,

As far as I am concerned, we can put in anything we want as far as Sheilagh is concerned, then just say it was edited out or rewritten later, if enough details about the book are revealed to contradict us.

aprilp_katje,

I hope your son is feeling better.

6:54 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

He's feeling better, thanks. Last night, he had a temperature, he was tired, and he was feeling very cuddly/clingy. Today, he has a cough and he's still on the tired side, but at least the fever broke.

3:00 PM  
Blogger howard said...

I remember cuddly, clingy one time when my daughter had an upset stomach. It was a very messy experience for me, but she came out of the experience quite clean.

I'm glad your son's fever broke.

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home