Saturday, October 28, 2006

Fun Will Win

The Boy Scouts went to the Copperstate Fly-In and saw a lot of small planes, many of which were replicas from planes of days gone by. The Scoutmaster also flew his Lancair III and the boys got to climb around on the insides. Then after that, my kids did a Halloween party at the church and that was the day.

My 2 posts were one from Michael Patterson and one from Constable Paul Wright, both of whom have been consistently picked by outside ARB reviewers as their favourite characters whom I regularly post. I have begun to feel an obligation to write for these characters in order to satisfy the public demand, and they are fun to write.

With Constable Paul Wright, I thought it would be good to snark April for a change, since aprilp_katje did not amend any of April’s behaviour today in her Blog entry. I decided to have the good Constable completely side with April’s anti-Becky stance by virtue of Elizabeth explaining the whole Becky thing to him. When I went back to the John monthly letter where the Patterson opinion on musicians was expressed, I suddenly realized exactly what direction the ridiculous instrument Uncle Phil created is going to take this sequence, i.e. April has fun with music, Becky does not. If John’s predictions are going to come true, then this is exactly what will happen to give Becky her comeuppance.

Michael simply recounted his own history when it comes to giving a villain his/her comeuppance and we should expect the same for April, if Lynn is even a little consistent. I predict that 4Evah&Eva will get some performance dates because of what happens during the Gym Jam.

Tomorrow’s strip: There is so much cross-dressing, I seriously considered the possibility of writing up this strip from Howard’s perspective as if John and Elly went to a Halloween party he was throwing. However, I couldn’t make the Becky presence in the strip work. qnjones’ Becky would not tolerate John and Elly at a party where she would expect to be present. Besides, I expect aprilp_katje already wrote up her Blog entry sometime Saturday afternoon.

3 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

Sorry about my disappearance yesterday evening. I got knocked out with flu. Even though I had a flu shot. :(

5:41 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Maybe you had the kind of flu not covered by the flu shot. I hope you are feeling better now.

6:08 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

Either that, or I'm thinking the flu I've got could be milder than it would otherwise be. I don't feel as bad as I did yesterday, but I still don't feel good. Progress. :)

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home