Friday, October 27, 2006

The Showdown Begins

For Better or For Worse is really confusing me. April and Gerald have so much Becky hate going, I really wish Lynn would give me something on the part of Becky to dislike along with them. I’m sorry, Lynn, but having big hair and talking about 4Evah&Eva opening for your band as a sign of condescension is not cutting it for me. In tomorrow’s strip I saw the Flexible, Valveless, Hose-a-Phonium; and I was less dumbstruck by that (since it was a pretty blatant P.D.Q. Bach ripoff) than April referring to it as a secret weapon. April really thinks of the school concert as a war between 4Evah&Eva and Rebccah. Moreover, she thinks that this unpitched noisemaker is somehow going to turn 4Evah&Eva into a super band from a cruddy band. I am confused because the characters are acting even more irrationally than usual; but on the other hand, I can’t wait. The strip will be so gloriously awful. We will get to see Lynn Johnston portraying teenagers so far removed from reality that she will set new heights of out-of-touchedness never seen before in this strip. The snark will flow freely and we will feast upon it. Elevate April Patterson to new undeserved levels of greatness thanks to the Flexible, Valveless, Hose-a-Phonium, which will make Michael Patterson’s ludicrous Sheilaugh prose seem sensible and well-written in comparison. Oh, Lynn Johnston, I think you are going to set new lows on this strip next week, and I can hardly wait.

As for me personally tomorrow, I will off with the Boy Scouts once again, so have fun without me.

3 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

Nooooooooooooo, don't go!!!!

I mean, have fun! ;)

5:38 AM  
Blogger howard said...

I had fun, but I did drop a few posts in at the end of the day.

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can learn more about the Hosaphone(tm) at http://hosaphone.com

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home